Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news

Started by Xixax, December 02, 2006, 08:52:14 PM

OrHowILearnedTo

Stefen

Everyone figured out the Shia thing right away. It was obvious that was a joke since you guys edited everyones posts which gave it away.

I believed the Pattison thing because it seems believable. I'm kind of bummed it's not true.

But Shia in a PTA flick on April 1st with sources that go nowhere? Come on. That ones obvious.  

April Fools is always a great time aroud here but you can't hit a homerun every at bat. You're allowed a strikeout because you usually get on base.

Maybe Private Witt is haunting April 1st and it will never be the same?  
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Quote from: Stefen on April 06, 2010, 07:40:55 PM
Everyone figured out the Shia thing right away. It was obvious that was a joke since you guys edited everyones posts which gave it away.

It was pretty clear that no one was buying it even before we did that.  That's WHY we did that, just to keep having fun with it.

And don't even pretend you didn't have a moment of rage at the idea of PTA having to negotiate shooting schedules with Michael Bay.   :yabbse-wink:

EDIT: Also...

Quote from: brother macmanus on April 01, 2010, 07:26:02 PM
no, you're all just too fucking stupid to understand plain english and you hoped if you were pricks long enough you'd get me to stop placating you.  congrats, dicks.  you got it.  go fuck yourselves if you're too stupid to read and have to make up supposed intentions of what other people post, fucking stupid motherfuckers.

Quote from: private witt on April 01, 2009, 05:08:29 PM
No, you're just too fucking stupid to understand plain english and you hoped if you were a prick long enough you'd get me to stop placating you.  Congrats, dick.  You got it.  Go fuck yourself if you're too stupid to read and have to make up supposed intentions of what other people post, fucking stupid motherfucker.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

i liked the gag.

bromanus reminded me of foreplayjizzer69 and i was friendly to him with hopes hed stick around with his info. even on april foos i thought perhaps he was a legit newb that just came at the wrong time. hilarious play when we all called out the prank and bromanus comes in with his confusion: lol, what? then outta the blue he turned into maniacmanus.

the post edits were funny too. lol'd at what RK did to mine. especially liked: bromanus gots the goods!

poor bluejay probs hit up PTA's peeps with all these looney queries seeking confirmation.    

squints

Quote from: polkablues on April 06, 2010, 08:26:48 PM

EDIT: Also...

Quote from: brother macmanus on April 01, 2010, 07:26:02 PM
no, you're all just too fucking stupid to understand plain english and you hoped if you were pricks long enough you'd get me to stop placating you.  congrats, dicks.  you got it.  go fuck yourselves if you're too stupid to read and have to make up supposed intentions of what other people post, fucking stupid motherfuckers.

Quote from: private witt on April 01, 2009, 05:08:29 PM
No, you're just too fucking stupid to understand plain english and you hoped if you were a prick long enough you'd get me to stop placating you.  Congrats, dick.  You got it.  Go fuck yourself if you're too stupid to read and have to make up supposed intentions of what other people post, fucking stupid motherfucker.

AHHAHA that's great...

i'm still sad that matt saracen isn't up for the role  :yabbse-sad: I told my friends about it  :yabbse-sad: xixax wins, i guess  :yabbse-sad:
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

polkablues

Quote from: squints on April 06, 2010, 09:04:14 PM
i'm still sad that matt saracen isn't up for the role  :yabbse-sad: I told my friends about it 

I know, even though I made it up, I still kind of wish it was true.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: cinemanarkissed on March 30, 2010, 11:22:37 PM
Quote from: brother macmanus on March 30, 2010, 07:39:03 PM
renner is officially OUT of the running.  pt is looking to cast younger.

Boondock Saints name and avatar? I sense foul play.

I'm just excited that my first post in months was worth a damn!

Some jokes are funnier when explained...this being one of those.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

RegularKarate

Oh, as far as the edited posts go... I did accidentally delete one of the originals (sorry), but the rest are still there, hidden.  If you want to restore them, go ahead and edit your original post, you'll see what you wrote the first time around still hanging out. 

And for the record, I didn't think you guys would fall for Shia.

polkablues

I still maintain that we could have sold the Shia story if we'd had more time.

Pubrick

and i maintain that this was the greatest xixax april foolsFAILever!!!!!!!!!!
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I definitely didn't see the threads in which mcmanus was posting, or at least totally wrote him off like I write off the rest of everyone with a post count under 500.

Bravo, though.  Subtlety is the name of this year's April Fools.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Captain of Industry

i'm still sad that matt saracen isn't up for the role  :yabbse-sad: I told my friends about it

I repeated a fools joke a friend had heard and told me, because he thought it was real, about a man being arrested at the particle accelerator for claiming to be a time traveler (and that if the machine was turned on the world would end).  I told everyone I know basically.  I mean I was calling people and telling them.  But then my favorite story of the year was an April 1 joke, which I found out about approx. April 6, as I was telling someone else the story, and right when I go "You know why I love this story?" he goes "Wasn't that an April Fools joke?" at which point I'm so deflated all I can do is pretend not to hear and continue through.  And then in a quiet room I have to ask, "Excuse me, did you happen to mention the story was an April Fools joke?  Haaha.  Really, it's even more humorous now.  Yes, excellent, good to know."  I left the party a little earlier than usual.

Stefen

I never believe anything from February 23rd and June 17th.

Pas

Quote from: Captain of Industry on April 09, 2010, 12:31:05 PM
i'm still sad that matt saracen isn't up for the role  :yabbse-sad: I told my friends about it

I repeated a fools joke a friend had heard and told me, because he thought it was real, about a man being arrested at the particle accelerator for claiming to be a time traveler (and that if the machine was turned on the world would end).  I told everyone I know basically.  I mean I was calling people and telling them.  But then my favorite story of the year was an April 1 joke, which I found out about approx. April 6, as I was telling someone else the story, and right when I go "You know why I love this story?" he goes "Wasn't that an April Fools joke?" at which point I'm so deflated all I can do is pretend not to hear and continue through.  And then in a quiet room I have to ask, "Excuse me, did you happen to mention the story was an April Fools joke?  Haaha.  Really, it's even more humorous now.  Yes, excellent, good to know."  I left the party a little earlier than usual.

BUT, was the arrested guy making a joke or was the whole thing false (i.e.: no guy)?