Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news

Started by Xixax, December 02, 2006, 08:52:14 PM

modage

i donated last week, i guess it hasn't gone through yet.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

I donated today, and I feel bad because this is the only time I've been financially able to donate, and it wasn't even that much. But after all that talk of what Xixax means, I finally didn't take it for granted.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Gamblour. on February 09, 2009, 09:18:26 PM
I donated today, and I feel bad because this is the only time I've been financially able to donate, and it wasn't even that much. But after all that talk of what Xixax means, I finally didn't take it for granted.

Don't feel bad. Any amount is appreciated.

We're more than half-way home, folks!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Hey Mac, sorry I have been away I just been traveling all over the country. Let's renovate and then we'll look into the transfer to a better server with more time. I'm donating now.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Yes, my friends, as you may have noticed, times are tough. We didn't get the donations needed to keep on truckin', so after much reluctance, a collective agreement was made amongst the admins, and we sadly had to take on advertisers.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

I suddenly have an overpowering urge to obey my thirst.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Quote from: MacGuffin on April 01, 2009, 12:15:11 AM
Yes, my friends, as you may have noticed, times are tough. We didn't get the donations needed to keep on truckin', so after much reluctance, a collective agreement was made amongst the admins, and we sadly had to take on advertisers.

LOL. Genius. How much for me to buy ads that say that Stefen wants to sleep with Michael Jackson?

MacGuffin

An extra hand to help out with April Fool's Day and the Xixax Awards would have proved benificial. Admins have lives away from xixax too, so finding a collective time for site duties can be a bit difficult. So we decided it was time to add a new admin to our cast of characters; our rouges gallery; our wolves' den. The new admin is someone we have always have had much love and respect for, who is a huge addition to the site with each comment he posts, and who has a sick and twisted sense of humor worthy of admin status...

Please welcome our newest admin: polkablues.  :bravo:

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

incidentally the donations went towards polka's salary, xixax's first paid employee. he didn't want the job unless he got some cash... so yeah, keep those donations coming!!

polkablues

Went to the track, blew first month's salary.  Send more, before I use my new admin powers to ban you all.

http://xixax.com/donations.php
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

congrats!

hope you don't become a dickhead like all the others :)

picolas

MacGuffin

Yeah, we know. The server is screwing up.

Letting tech support know, but also called in the big gun (Michael Wilson) for help.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Skeleton FilmWorks