30 Rock (esteemed winner of the 30 Rock vs. Studio 60 deathmatch)

Started by ono, September 18, 2006, 08:00:42 PM

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

matt35mm

The subplot of Jenna's stalker really creeped me out, which is great, of course.  And Elizabeth Banks was on fire; every single thing she did was spot on.  I've always liked her okay, but this performance showed some chops that I didn't really notice before, leaving me with the feeling that she could do anything and make it look easy.

Ravi

Quote from: Stefen on February 12, 2010, 02:35:39 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Parks & Rec. is really funny now that it's eased in?

At first I thought P&R was a mediocre version of The Office, but season 2's been great.  I watched season 2 mostly because of Louis CK's guest appearances and found that the show itself was really funny and that the characters (particularly Leslie Knope) became better defined.

polkablues

Parks & Rec has been great this season. The burgeoning relationship between Aubrey Plaza and Chris Pratt's characters is gold, and everything Nick Offerman says or does makes me laugh. Community has gotten a lot better as well, after I almost gave up on it earlier in the season.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

Community has moments of brilliance but overall there are too many growing pains. Alot like parks and rec last season. I hope both get renewed.

Chris Pratt is hilarious.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

the final scene of 30 rock this week was one of the funniest things i've seen in a while. best episode of the season for sure.

ono

Nothing to say since February?  The show's as good as ever.  I loved the live show from last week.  Watched 'em both, I did.

Thought this interview was a good read too.  http://splitsider.com/2010/10/inside-the-30-rock-writers-room-with-writerproducer-kay-cannon/

cine

Quote from: ono on October 18, 2010, 09:22:34 PM
Nothing to say since February?  The show's as good as ever. 

whoa seriously? i couldn't disagree more. the show is getting too self-referential for its own good.

that aside, the live show WAS good. god, did 30 Rock ever need that live show with this season going the way it was..

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Yeah, this season has been fairly forgettable.  I'll try rewatching it on Hulu some more, but something about it just doesn't hold up to previous seasons.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pedro

There have been some incredible high points in the previous seasons that this season has not approached, certainly.  I still think it's very funny and watch it every week.  East coast live show was great, west coast was a little clunky.  Yes, I watched both.  I like the show that much. 

ono

The walk-and-talk with Liz and Sorkin was delicious, highlighted by:

SORKIN: ...Sports Night, West Wing, The Social Network
LIZ: ...Studio 60?
SORKIN: Shut up.

Hee.

Good to see Devin Banks back too.  That is all.

©brad

Finale was amazing, as was the entire final season. I cried.

ono

Spoilers and such.  Ye beat me to it, good sir.  While the quality of the show has decreased a teeny bit in the last couple years, these last few episodes made up for it.  A perfect ending to a near-perfect show.  Loved the callbacks to the Rural Juror, Jenna singing, Tracy saying goodbye, Jack getting a boat, Liz's great granddaughter, and Kenneth.  Flerm.  Makes me want to watch the whole thing again.  The only thing missing from the finale was one final appearance of Dennis (though the possible Hayek/Moore threeway definitely made up for it).  I wonder if there were any Easter eggs in that cast shot when TGS stood on stage to say goodbye.  (Loved the meta about no one watching but us still getting paid.)