Confirmed PDL DVD Info

Started by depooter, March 27, 2003, 04:10:30 PM

depooter

I'll have more up at the site tomorrow, but here's the skinny from PTA. There maybe some disappointment, but Paul was looking for an overall experience with the DVD to complement the film and not a potpourri of "junky" extras.

June 10th

Disc 1
Widescreen Version - high bitrate - "it looks fantastic"
Dolby Digital 6.1 EX
DTS
No commentary  He wanted to preserve the highest bitrate possible and again, wants the movie to speak for itself....didn't want to "rip people off" with two versions of the DVD. This will be the only version.

Disc 2
Blossoms & Blood
2 Deleted Sequences
Mattress Man commercial
12 Internet Movies (i.e. Internet Trailers/spots)
Other stuff (TBD)
no behind the scenes documentary..

A lot of care was put into the menu design, packaging, nifty little booklet that will be included.

He's hopeful everyone will like it...

More soon as he's sending me up a care package to whet my appetite...

Again, more info for Friday's update on the site.

Thanks
Greg Mariotti
www.ptanderson.com
www.theuncool.com

RegularKarate

Quote from: depooterNo commentary  

;laskfj;lkasjd;lfkjad;lksdjf;lksdkj;dlkjf;lkjja;jdf

Cecil

i think this is fantastic news! sure, no commentary but this:
Quote from: depooter
Dolby Digital 6.1 EX

is great!!

Duck Sauce

I am disappointed. I know I should be grateful, but I really wanted a commentary and behind the scenes making of. But I can understand why he excluded the commentary. Still I cant wait, thanks Greg.

Gold Trumpet

good news all around. nothing bad, even no commentaries. Commentaries overrated beyond death.

~rougerum

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

no commentary that means he is off the coke

Ravi

QuoteDisc 1
Dolby Digital 6.1 EX
DTS
No commentary  He wanted to preserve the highest bitrate possible and again, wants the movie to speak for itself....didn't want to "rip people off" with two versions of the DVD. This will be the only version.

Eh, just leave off the DTS track  :)

depooter

I'll have the DVD cover art, a special message from PTA about the release and more up later tonight on the site..

thanks
Greg
www.ptanderson.com
www.theuncool.com

Duck Sauce

I hope the caseing is carboard and matches my Magnolia and Boogie Nights DVDs/./

jonas

I can't wait.

I've been waiting for this since I saw the movie in October.

:-D
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

Ravi

Duck Sauce

I like the cover, nice and clean. I got sort of tire of that kissing in the hall thing, but I think its more classic.

RegularKarate

That cover is fucking briliant... Jesus, I just want to bash it's face in

Gold Trumpet

I didn't like the theatrical poster because it seemed trying to play it out in the style of an old musical just didn't fit the feeling of the movie. On the other hand, I absolutely adore this cover. There is a complete simplicity in it, but an oddness to it that becomes more apparent as you look at it more. It is unsuggesting of all the magic in the film, which is even better because it allows the experience for new people to really hit them. And it deals with the unnerving feeling of this man and the film. Finally, the perfect cover for the movie.

~rougerum

Ravi

I like it too.  Unique cover for a unique film.  I'm just glad it doesn't have critics' quotes slapped all over it.