GDMF - a short film

Started by Ghostboy, August 08, 2006, 01:44:56 PM

Ghostboy

I produced and edited this short film for my friend James M. Johnston; it's getting its festival premiere this weekend, and we cut together a short teaser trailer to aide us in our promotional efforts.

Watch it here.

There's at least one shot in there photographed by our very own RK!

matt35mm

Looks cool.  I hope to actually see it someday...

RegularKarate

Um yeah... I didn't get my festival screener...

seriously though... I really like the teaser... the new stuff you shot is pretty awesome... I don't remember which of these is my footage (the bee?), but I know that I didn't shoot this:

which is totally sweet

Ghostboy

I think the only one is that last shot of the pink flower petal blowing in the wind. There are more in the actual cut, though - especially in the last scene. Don't worry, you'll get to see it soon....

...and everyone else, I hope, will get to see it sooner rather than later...

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ravi

Great teaser.  I'll try to be at the screening on the 11th.

Fernando

Looks great, good luck!

Love the music at the end, who is it?

Ghostboy

It's an improv/conceptual group called Top Secret...SHHHH. The guy behind it gave us a CD one day, and while we were editing we just happened to pop it in and it sorta worked, so we ended up using the music in the film.

You can get that particular song (called Groovy Van, after the location it was recorded in), and some others at (where else?) their MySpace Page: http://www.myspace.com/topsecretshhh

Pozer

beautifully designed trailer.  it's honestly perfection.  i must say soderberghish, but perfection nonetheless.

Ghostboy

Thank you, sir. There are worse comparisons to receive than to Soderbergh, so no worries there.

Unfortunately, the screening last night was anything but perfection - the sound was all fucked up. But I think people liked it, regardless.

Ravi

Quote from: Ghostboy on August 13, 2006, 01:26:19 AM
Unfortunately, the screening last night was anything but perfection - the sound was all fucked up. But I think people liked it, regardless.

Did you ever figure out what was with that high pitched noise?

I bet most people could understand the story with the sound turned off completely.  The look of the film conveyed the raw, uncomfortable feel perfectly.  It had an oppressive, almost inescapable feel on the big screen.  The lead actress was very good.  That's all I will say until others have seen it.