An Evening With Kevin Smith

Started by A Fire Inside, January 07, 2004, 04:16:15 PM

ono

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0346952/board/nest/5643124

Came across this post at IMDb, but I'm not sure if there's any truth to it.  The post says, basically, that it was reported a while back on ViewAskew that there would be another An Evening with Kevin Smith.  Don't feel like digging around ViewAskew - not exactly the most intuitive site to navigate.  Still, I thought it might be of interest to some people, so I thought I'd post it.

Fernando

Quote from: ono.
The post says, basically, that it was reported a while back on ViewAskew that there would be another An Evening with Kevin Smith.  Don't feel like digging around ViewAskew

Here he talks about it.

hedwig

If you could spend an evening with kevin smith, what would you do with him?

cine

Quote from: HedwigIf you could spend an evening with kevin smith, what would you do with him?
Watch Magnolia.

hedwig

I'd make him write a script for me and then write BY (INSERT MY REAL NAME HERE) at the top, then I'd sell it and direct it and become famous.

The film would be called "The Fullscreen Coasters"

:evil:

RegularKarate

That wouldn't work because the shit he writes now only gets made because his name is on it.

You just wasted your night with Kev-Kev...

Pubrick

Quote from: HedwigIf you could spend an evening with kevin smith, what would you do with him?
i'd probably describe my character, ask him to describe his character, ask him questions to advance conversations that are going nowhere, maybe wink at a camera that isn't there once in a while (or bring one along for this purpose), i'd use adjectives to make it look like i can write well, and overall limit the whole evening's emotional and intellectual range to that of an 8 year old's.

oh, we'd make like two funny jokes, but mostly we'd play it safe. if there are arguments, the winner would be whoever falls asleep last.
under the paving stones.

FeloniousFunk

for An Evening with Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder.

kotte

So this is definitely a must-see. Seems a bit more mature, don't know.

Slimepuppy

Mate of mine has his ticket booked for the London "gig".

Not a big fan of the man or his films, but he can be quite the entertaining orator. Hopefully the second one (which, having seen the trailer, I now doubt) DVD would be slightly more mature...

I would honestly like to know more about his, y'know, FILMS. Not just his dick...

Maybe it's just me.
Hyvässä indie-elokuvassa tulee olla zombi, moottorisaha ja ninjoja.

Ravi

http://dvdfile.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5507&Itemid=15

If you enjoyed An Evening With Kevin Smith as much as I did, then you're in for a treat.  In November, the scatologically witty filmmaker returns with more sessions of questions and banter with his fans in An Evening With Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder. The 2-disc set features tour footage from his appearances in London and Toronto.  Details to follow when available.

Preliminary artwork

JG

EDIT:  nevermind.  Barfing dog picture didn't work.