The 2006 Xixax Awards: CAMPAIGN!

Started by Jeremy Blackman, February 22, 2006, 12:43:06 PM

Derek237

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I'm looking forward to this year's awards.  I don't remember anything that will definitely sweep everyone's opinion here, unlike the years that belonged to ESotSM, PDL and LiT.

I think we'll see some good competition.

I wish Saraband would apply this year...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Jeremy Blackman

Reminder... Nominations open Tuesday.

That's right, Tuesday!

Julius Orange

email your opinnumber to NEW EMAIL juliusorange@gmail.com

Derek237

Good. Just in time for everyone to pick up Capote on DVD.  :yabbse-thumbup:

modage

and The Squid And The Whale (available now)!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

If anyone wants to campaign/advocate/debate nominations, please use this thread... (signatures and avatars are also encouraged)...

hedwig

Don't forget, good people: it's been a wonderful year for young thespians.

Ashton Homles - A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE

Avaz Latif - TURTLES CAN FLY

Q'Orianka Kilcher - THE NEW WORLD

Miles Thompson & Brandon Ratcliff - ME AND YOU AND EVERYONE WE KNOW

modage

<<< all 6 of you, you know what to do.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

dominion: a prequel to the exorcist

the constant gardener

Gamblour.

I second everything about Amy Adams.
WWPTAD?

grand theft sparrow

Z Channel: A Magnificent Obsession.  It premiered on the festival circuit in 2004 but was first exhibited to the public at large in 2005 on IFC.  Does it count?

polkablues

<-----------

<-----------

Obey the campaign-a-tar...
My house, my rules, my coffee

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye