Lars Von Trier

Started by Adam0199, March 19, 2003, 10:41:39 PM

mogwai

Quote from: kotteJohn C. Reilly joins the cast of Manderlay
looking forward to see him in the confession booth.

phil marlowe

Just Withnail

No shit? Reilly in a Von Trier? Mighty interesting casting.

Pubrick

PSH for the third film. u see what he's doing..
under the paving stones.

Just Withnail

If this is PTA and LVTs little actor exchange thing, then here's to Stellan SkarsgÄrd for Paul's next.

kotte

Quote from: kotteDoes he write in danish and get translated or does he write in english?

Now I know...he writes in danish and get translated. :)

kotte

heard about his ongoing project he'll finish in 2024 or something? He shoots 3 minutes every year...it's a whodunnit story. Sounds pretty cool... :)

mogwai

Quote from: kotteheard about his ongoing project he'll finish in 2024 or something? He shoots 3 minutes every year...it's a whodunnit story. Sounds pretty cool... :)
yes, it'll even premiere if udo kier makes it 'til 2024. we'll wait and see.

rustinglass

if udo doesn't make it, lets hope for CG-Udo feasability. I just want to see the movie.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

kotte

Quote from: Pthe butler did it.

I'm telling you, it's always the butler!

Stefen

This has probably been asked in another thread, but im tired of looking. I don't think ill be seeing dogville anytime soon so I think I will just buy one of the dvd's Kotte and others have been recommending. Anyone know a site that will ship the region 2 or any other region dogville dvd to the united states? Preferably one with the good features.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

rustinglass

You can find it on laserdisken.dk, I think they ship to the US. Only problem is that the site is in danish.

meanwhile take a look at this very kick-ass UK poster.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

MacGuffin

Willem Dafoe Aboard Trier's Manderlay
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Willem Dafoe has joined the cast of Manderlay, the second installment in Lars von Trier's "USA -- Land of Opportunities" trilogy.

Dafoe will play the father of Grace, the central character played by Nicole Kidman in the series' first film, Dogville, and played by Bryce Dallas Howard in Manderlay.

Dafoe joins Lauren Bacall, Jean-Marc Barr, Jeremy Davies, Isaach De Bankole, Danny Glover, Udo Kier, John C. Reilly and Chloe Sevigny in the new production, which is set in the American South during the 1930s and explores the repression of blacks.

Like Dogville, Manderlay will be shot entirely on a stage.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

kotte

That's awesome...Dafoe is a great actor, he will do wonders on that stage.