Lars Von Trier

Started by Adam0199, March 19, 2003, 10:41:39 PM

modage

heads up, new yawkahs.

www.ifccenter.com
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: modage on January 09, 2006, 08:18:42 PM

heads up, new yawkahs.

www.ifccenter.com

Why the hell don't they have show times already?  The Film Forum and every other theatre worth its salt in this goddamn city is programmed months in advance.  IFC Center acts like they almost won't get the films.

bonanzataz

showtimes are up.

FRIDAY
Dancer in the Dark - 12:45, 3:35, 6:25, 9:15
100 Eyes (the dancer in the dark documentary) - midnight

SATURDAY
Breaking the Waves - 5:30, 8:40
The Kingdom - Noon
100 Eyes - midnight

SUNDAY
The Kingdom Part II - noon
Zentropa - 5:30, 7:50, 10:30

MONDAY
The Five Obstructions - noon, 3:35, 7:10, 10:45
Liberation Pictures (Befrielsesbilleder (precursor to "the element of crime")) - 2:00, 5:35, 9:10

TUESDAY
Element of Crime - 12:45, 5:15, 9:45
Epidemic - 3:00, 7:30

WEDNESDAY
The Humiliated (documentary about "the idiots") - 1:55, 10:30
The Idiots - 11:30, 3:45, 8:00
Medea - 6:15

THURSDAY
Dogville - 11:10, 2:35, 9:30
The Humiliated - 7:45
Medea - 6:00
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

rustinglass

I wish i had that channel, I 've never seen liberation pictures.
The humiliated is probably the best behind-the-scenes documentary i've ever seen, better than dogville confessions and that moment.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

modage

they're playing at the theatre, not the channel.  :yabbse-grin:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: bonanzataz on January 17, 2006, 01:33:22 AM
SUNDAY

I've never been so happy my girlfriend was going to be at work on Sunday.  I'll actually be able to see this!

squints

Quote from: rustinglass on January 17, 2006, 06:22:31 AM
The humiliated is probably the best behind-the-scenes documentary i've ever seen, better than dogville confessions and that moment.

you should see burden of dreams
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pozer

Quote from: hacksparrow on January 17, 2006, 11:37:23 AM
SUNDAY

I've never been so happy my girlfriend was going to be at work on Sunday.  I'll actually be able to see this!
Thanks for letting us know you have a girlfriend

modage

i have one too, and we're going to be watching Manderlay tomorrow.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: pozer on January 17, 2006, 03:19:50 PM
Quote from: hacksparrow on January 17, 2006, 11:37:23 AM
SUNDAY

Thanks for letting us know you have a girlfriend

Yeah, but she doesn't want to see The Kingdom II so clearly I'm not bragging...

Quote from: modage on January 17, 2006, 04:12:33 PM
i have one too, and we're going to be watching Manderlay tomorrow.

...like modage.

killafilm

Mod, I thought you both really disliked Dogville.

modage

we did!  but we liked it better than breaking or dancer, so we're down for another round!

hedwig

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

jigzaw

Have any of the Dogme directors actually followed the rule about not crediting the director??  Because I'm pretty sure Von Trier's name is on his films.