American Dad

Started by Kal, July 25, 2005, 02:10:33 PM

Kal

This is supposed to be really funny... from the creators of Family Guy

Anybody seen it?

Ravi

We've discussed it some on the Family Guy thread.  It sucks.

RegularKarate

It's supposed to be, it's not....

someone else redirect this, then I'll lock it

Kal

I looked in the other thread but couldnt find it... and its a different show anyhow... nobody likes it here until someone like Tarantino (or some other cake doll) says something good about it and then you'll all love it...  :yabbse-thumbdown:

RegularKarate

Haha... that's fucking ridiculous...

look in the Family Guy or Simpsons Vs. Other Cartoons thread and you'll see the gist of American Dad... it's lame and should/will be cancelled soon.

polkablues

Roger the alien is a brilliant character.  Otherwise, the show just feels like a way to kill half an hour after "Family Guy" is over.

Ravi, I love your avatar.  "Wonderfalls" gives me the warm and fuzzies all over.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ravi

Quote from: polkabluesRoger the alien is a brilliant character.  Otherwise, the show just feels like a way to kill half an hour after "Family Guy" is over.

Not to mention that it also feels like a reworked FG.  Instead of Brian there's an alien (the only consistently funny thing on the show), and instead of Stewie there's a fish.  And instead of a British accent its a German accent.  It even has a teenage boy and a teenage girl like FG.

QuoteRavi, I love your avatar.  "Wonderfalls" gives me the warm and fuzzies all over.

Why more people aren't in love with Caroline Dhavernas, I will never know.

Pubrick

Quote from: polkabluesthe warm and fuzzies
i've heard that expression approximately 20 times today.

before today, never. WHAT THE F?
under the paving stones.

ono

http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?p=131246#131246

Prime example of this:
Quote from: Ravi
QuoteRavi, I love your avatar.  "Wonderfalls" gives me the warm and fuzzies all over.

Just today, er, last night, my brother started watching Wonderfalls with me.  Hadn't thought about it in a while, then Ravi changes his avatar.  Knowledge/collective subconscious, anyone?

polkablues

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: polkabluesthe warm and fuzzies
i've heard that expression approximately 20 times today.

before today, never. WHAT THE F?

Tell all those other bastards to stop copying me.

Ravi

If anyone gives a shit...

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/american-dad.html

Title: American Dad
Starring: N/A (Animation)
Released: 25th April 2006
SRP: $39.98

Further Details:
Fox Home Entertainment has announced volume one of American Dad which includes 13 episodes of the popular animated show. The three-disc package will be available to own from the 25th April, and should set you back around $39.98 or thereabouts. Each of the episodes will be presented in 1.33:1 full frame, along with English Dolby Surround tracks. Extras will include commentaries on select episodes by Creators & Producers Mike Barker, Matt Weitzman, Seth MacFarlane and others, a making of featurette, animated comparisons, a table read, deleted scenes, and much more. We've attached the artwork below:

Pas

Quote from: Ravi on July 25, 2005, 08:25:19 PM
Quote from: polkabluesRoger the alien is a brilliant character.  Otherwise, the show just feels like a way to kill half an hour after "Family Guy" is over.

Not to mention that it also feels like a reworked FG.  Instead of Brian there's an alien (the only consistently funny thing on the show), and instead of Stewie there's a fish.  And instead of a British accent its a German accent.  It even has a teenage boy and a teenage girl like FG.

I was in love with her when I was 11-12 years old because she (and her father) are big stars in Quebec since forever. So I share your pain *1000

Ravi

I watched tonight's American Dad, and while I don't know representative it is of the show as a whole, it wasn't that bad.  Unlike Family Guy, it doesn't have all the random gags and cutaways to make it actively bad, but its not that funny either.  There were a few pretty funny jokes though.  I laughed more at tonight's AD than at tonight's Simpsons.  Overall its a show that I wouldn't mind watching once in a while, but its not good enough to watch regularly.

polkablues

Quote from: Ravi on September 24, 2006, 08:37:06 PM
I watched tonight's American Dad, and while I don't know representative it is of the show as a whole, it wasn't that bad.  Unlike Family Guy, it doesn't have all the random gags and cutaways to make it actively bad, but its not that funny either.  There were a few pretty funny jokes though.  I laughed more at tonight's AD than at tonight's Simpsons.  Overall its a show that I wouldn't mind watching once in a while, but its not good enough to watch regularly.

I haven't seen tonight's yet (damn time zones...), but I agree in general.  As weak as the show was when it started out, it's sort of found its voice recently.  But then, I'm the only person on earth who still enjoys Family Guy, so fair warning there.