Favorite Music Videos

Started by BonBon85, January 22, 2003, 05:13:32 PM

squints

Not a bad video, really great song.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

RegularKarate

Quote from: squints on October 24, 2011, 05:49:17 PM

Not a bad video, really great song.

I love this song.  I haven't been able to stop listening to it for the past couple months.  Didn't know there was a video, it's pretty good, thanks.

wilder

Skinemax

QuoteSkinemax is Koyaanisqatsi for a generation raised on late night television and B-movie VHS tapes. It's long form entertainment for short attention spans.

A nostalgic look back at a half remembered childhood growing up in the 80s and early 90s, Skinemax takes a close look at the culture of that era.

RegularKarate

Wow, that's not a music video, it's an hour-long clip show put to boring music by some stoner.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Jeremy Blackman

I love that idea.

But imagine how much better it would be with a good song. (Sorry, but it's true.)

SiliasRuby

Quote from: ddiggler on May 16, 2011, 09:27:23 PM
Destroyer - Kaputt

a friend of mine just turned me onto this guy, who seems to fostering the return of ultra reverberated romantic saxophone. anyway, this video is great.
Its a great great album.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Neil

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on February 05, 2012, 06:04:38 PM
I love that idea.

But imagine how much better it would be with a good song. (Sorry, but it's true.)

I think just about any song one would use with this idea would come out sounding a lot like this.  With that being said, the song is great and so is the video. (Sorry, but it's true.)
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Jeremy Blackman

I've never liked OK Go, so maybe it's just me.

I won't besmirch the video, even if it is kind of a gratuitous ad for that car. (Did they really need to slide it all over the place?)

pete

they didn't need to do anything; it's a music video funded produced by a car company. all ads are gratuitous.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

squints

Here's a great video:

M.I.A. - "Bad Girls"

Romain Gavras has put out some awesome stuff
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

polkablues

This song has been stuck in my head a lot lately, and the video is pure insanity.

My house, my rules, my coffee

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: polkablues on February 20, 2012, 01:26:02 AM
This song has been stuck in my head a lot lately, and the video is pure insanity.

SPOILER

So that thing at the end is friendly?

I feel like I just played a video game...

RegularKarate

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on February 20, 2012, 01:36:31 AM
I feel like I just played a video game...

While listening to a song that was clearly not intended to be played at the same time.

tpfkabi

I have been listening to the earlier Starflyer 59 shoegaze-y stuff lately, which I didn't really like in the past.
So now this video has new meaning to me. Feels a little Lynch-ian. The last minute of feedback is pretty cool imo.

Starflyer 59 - A Housewife Love Song (1995)
http://youtu.be/MRdZS9j5atY
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.