Favorite Music Videos

Started by BonBon85, January 22, 2003, 05:13:32 PM

Reel

The Perineum Falcon

Michel Gondry would be jealous.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

polkablues

New band of the singer from The Like, whose "Release Me" is probably one of my top 25 albums.  This is a great song, and Z Berg's voice is absolute sex, but there's something about the video in particular that just hits home with me.  It's almost like a 3 1/2 minute Los Angeles version of Dreamlife of Angels, and anything that reminds me of Dreamlife of Angels is reserved a place in my heart.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

^cool video, cool song, cool feel.

this is what i like right now:

under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

mogwai

DocSportello

METZ - "Wet Blanket"

I really liked this video, it suits the music. For me it kind of had a Harmony Korine feel to it. And I've been drawn to music that tends to blow eardrums to shit lately so win win.

polkablues

As a Seattle native, I'm contractually obligated to hype for Macklemore, but this song is legitimately the catchiest thing around.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Tictacbk

Beach House "Wishes" directed by Eric Wareheim

and Passion Pit "Carried Away"

http://vimeo.com/60035581

jenkins

last week or so was art walk in culver city, and i was there for that, and eric wareheim was there for a comedy central premiere of some show or another. i was standing outside the premiere venue and wareheim came out with his gf (?) and they walked down the street. then back up the street and into an alley. i had to go through the alley to get to my car, and wareheim was at the end of the alley saying "i'm sorry, i've lost the car" in an earnest way and without reply from the girl. they turned and walked back through the alley. i got in my car and drove back through the alley, and saw wareheim walking down the street i'd already seen him walking down previously

seemed really wareheimy of him, seemed like life imitating art

Reel

I love RiFF RAFF's music videos. If you haven't seen Spring Breakers yet, then I guess you're not familiar, but James Franco's entire look and persona are based off of him. He's just a really magnetic personality, or maybe I'm stupid...IDK. I think it's interesting to compare Spring Breakers and The Master in how they portray some sort of desirable figure of 'wealth' and 'the dream' but in the end, what do they really have to offer?

anyways... RiFF!

polkablues

Meh. He's basically trying to be the American Die Antwoord, but he missed the part about them being legitimately super talented.

diggler

I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

DocSportello

This band is actually awesome and y'all should give their new album "Floating Coffin" a spin, but the main reason I'm posting is because of this video. Watch it and try to tell me whoever shot it isn't a huge PTA fan. It's all I was thinking while watching.

Thee Oh Sees - "Toe Cutter - Thumb Buster"