David Manning and False Advertising...

Started by bonanzataz, August 04, 2005, 01:44:15 AM

bonanzataz

this is pretty funny.

Quote from: xinhua.comBEIJING, Aug. 4 -- Sony Pictures' Entertainment will  pay $1.5 million to a group of moviegoers who accused the Hollywood studio  of using phony critic to promote its movies of Hollow Man and A Knight's  Tale.

Moviegoers who saw the films Vertical  Limit, A Knight's Tale, The Animal, Hollow Man or The Patriot during their  original theatre runs can now apply for a $5 refund for each cinema ticket they  bought.

The suit was filed following a report that Sony's Columbia  Tristar unit had used glowing reviews allegedly written by the non-existent  David Manning that heaped praise on films including Hollow Man and A Knight's  Tale. 

In one ad, Manning declared Heath Ledger of A Knight's  Tale "this year's hottest new star!" He also called The Animal "another winner"  and Hollow Man "one hell of a scary ride."

Under the deal, Sony Pictures admitted no  liability but agreed to settle the suit to avoid the cost and uncertainty of  litigation, according to a court-ordered legal notice. In return,  the members of the class-action suit will release their claims against Sony.  

man, hollow man sucked. but i had a lot of fun laughing at it, so i doubt if i'll go for the five bucks.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.