The Stanley Kubrick Archives

Started by Gold Trumpet, February 10, 2005, 05:07:09 PM

Chest Rockwell

But your dick got that much bigger soon as the book walked into your house. Girls dig it.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Lucid on September 23, 2006, 07:21:53 PMThankfully I have my own pride and joy copy.

Which frames do you have?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

and all the recent buyers have gone through Amazon?

i'm still debating...  :ponder:
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Pubrick

Quote from: bigideas on September 26, 2006, 10:58:19 PM
what the hell are you debating? it's been more than a year of positive reviews. if you've got the money, get it. if you don't, don't get it.

Quote from: Pubrick on March 15, 2006, 06:12:51 AM
i hope they've discontinued it by now.
under the paving stones.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: bigideas on September 26, 2006, 10:58:19 PM
and all the recent buyers have gone through Amazon?

Is $200 really THAT big a deal in the grand scheme of things?...considering how much everyone that's bought the book thus far swears by its eternal blessedness. Shit, you could even get star child.

gob

I own a copy and tis truly a thing of beauty. If you're a Kubrick fan and have a bit of money then it makes sense.

tpfkabi

if i can get Amazon to confirm it's still the first run print with the stills, then i'm probably going to get it.

JG

well i got it from amazon a couple weeks ago and it was first print. 

tpfkabi

ok. finally heard back from them. they said it did have frames but i'd be disappointed since it seems half of them show a dog bone and the other half seem almost to be a space ship taken out of Star Wars or something.

hook.
line.
and
sinker.
zing.

no, they said they could not confirm it, so if i don't get them you will all give me one frame each from your sets.

tpfkabi

bastards........getting my hopes up and all.

i got probably the worst frames of all.

you see parts of two planets and that's it.

the Creative Process pages that stick out were bent up and the same corner was as well.

anxious to be able to look through it though.

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sunrise

Quote from: Pubrick on March 15, 2006, 06:12:51 AM
i hope they've discontinued it by now.

They have not...which is lucky for me. The Archives arrived Tuesday from Amazon and it's amazing. It has even exceeded my expectations. My frames are represented by my new avatar.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Sunrise on October 26, 2006, 02:48:58 PM
My frames are represented by my new avatar.
::looks over while peeing at the urinal:: "...nice watch."

tpfkabi

So the books aren't in any kind of order then. I got the suckiest frames of all time. Of course, I guess someone got the Intermission.

I've been watching his films and then reading the sections on them. I need to rent Paths of Glory next. Thanks to the TCM Short Festival I got to watch his first two shorts.
No access to Seafarers or Fear & Desire.

Sunrise