Arrested Development

Started by Weak2ndAct, October 24, 2004, 12:25:59 AM

Ravi

Quote from: Gamblour
HOWEVER, fucking groan moment: "Hey, that's the name of the show!" Ron, cut the shit. You don't make jokes, you just narrate bitch.

Yeah, that was WEAK.  They've included jokes about the show in the narration before, like in season 2 for the TV movie (the joke about the narrator being a crutch for poor storytelling), but this joke was too blatant.

Otherwise this was a good episode.

The "on the next Arrested Development" bit with Gob and Steve was great.

Pedro

Quote from: GamblourThat's an interesting thought. The restaurant was funny.

HOWEVER, fucking groan moment: "Hey, that's the name of the show!" Ron, cut the shit. You don't make jokes, you just narrate bitch.
mhm that was the worst thing ive ever seen on the show.  this episode was mostly beautiful though.  george michael saying "what a fun sexy time for you" made me laugh alot.  so did everything david cross does.  really the narration is quickly getting more and more annoying.  i just want to see the interaction with all the brilliant actors.  what the fuck

modage

GERVAIS TO GET ARRESTED    
Source: Contactmusic.com

British comedian RICKY GERVAIS only managed to secure a cameo role in ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT when the cast of the US TV show offered to pay for his flight across the Atlantic.

THE OFFICE star Gervais proved such a popular choice that the cast, including JASON BATEMAN and PORTIA DE ROSSI, even offered to pay for his air fare after the show's producers initially refused to shell out the money.

Bateman says, "The network said they weren't going to fly him out here, so we as a cast got together and said: 'Well, why don't we pay for it out of our pockets?'

"As soon as the studio heard about that they said they'd do it after all."
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

Maybe he can bring the funny to Wee Britain. god, I love Gervais. I hope his episode of the Simpsons is good.
WWPTAD?

Ravi

Quote from: GamblourMaybe he can bring the funny to Wee Britain. god, I love Gervais. I hope his episode of the Simpsons is good.

It won't be.

Ravi

72teeth

ha ha... there was one other screenplay, what was it...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Ravi

Gamblour.

God, that part went by so fast, I didn't have time to laugh. But fuck it's funny.
WWPTAD?

Redlum

This season is really fantastic. They're no longer having to recap for new viewers (because there arent any) which means they can have Gob just start singing "It aint easy being white..." out of the blue.

I long for the episode where the whole family does a chicken dance together. Its got to happen.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Ravi

I can't believe I didn't notice the hilarious Burger King scene in season 2's Motherboy XXX.  I must not have seen the whole episode.

Weird. Oh

so I was watching the entire second season on dvd and I noticed that there were a lot of people who were on CYE on Arrested Development. Also, there were a lot of Upright Citizen's Brigade former actors. Looked on IMDB to see if there was a common producer or someone but couldn't find a link between the shows. I might be missing a few but these actors were on both CYE and AD: Bob Odenkirk, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Martin Short,Ben Stiller,Christine Taylor,Bob Einstein,Jeff Garlin

AD and UCB and/or Daily Show:
Amy Poehler
Ed Helms
Stacey Grenrock-Woods
Rob Corddry
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

edison

Actor Jason Bateman Has Throat Surgery

Nov 1, 3:50 PM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Jason Bateman of Fox's "Arrested Development" underwent surgery Tuesday to remove a benign polyp in his throat, his publicist said.

Cara Tripicchio, a spokesman for Bateman, said the operation went smoothly and the 36-year-old actor was doing well.

Production on "Arrested Development" will be on hiatus for a few weeks while Bateman recovers, executive producer Mitch Hurwitz told TVGuide.com.

Original episodes of the show will continue to air through November, he said.

Ravi

"I'm sorry, but its too late for me to do anything for you."

Ravi

Quote from: Free Form Weirdo on October 31, 2005, 02:02:37 PM
so I was watching the entire second season on dvd and I noticed that there were a lot of people who were on CYE on Arrested Development. Also, there were a lot of Upright Citizen's Brigade former actors. Looked on IMDB to see if there was a common producer or someone but couldn't find a link between the shows. I might be missing a few but these actors were on both CYE and AD: Bob Odenkirk, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Martin Short,Ben Stiller,Christine Taylor,Bob Einstein,Jeff Garlin

AD and UCB and/or Daily Show:
Amy Poehler
Ed Helms
Stacey Grenrock-Woods
Rob Corddry

Tom Virtue (the dad on the hit show Even Stevens)