Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

Gamblour.

I can see why no one has posted yet. Definite eh.
WWPTAD?

polkablues

Nah, there was lots of tasty stuff in that episode.  It was just more of a transitional story than anything: "how do we get these people out of here and back to there?"
My house, my rules, my coffee

grand theft sparrow

I wasn't too thrilled with the flashback stuff but the island stuff was good.  In any case, the show has its confidence back; they had the balls to raise more questions instead of answering them for the first time in a while and I missed that.  This was the first episode all season that didn't have a "make or break" kind of feel.  

It didn't overdo it with the "OMG, Vincent turned into the smoke monster and killed Hurley but Libby's back from the dead" type stuff to keep people interested.  It wasn't "the biggest, baddest, most ball-draining episode of Lost ever in your fucking life!!!"  It was just an episode of Lost.  Now that people are starting to watch again, I'm glad they can get back to this kind of episode.

The big thing for me is, if the others have dossiers on the survivors and have no desire to kill any of them, what could they possibly gain by sending Juliet as a plant to the beach that they couldn't do already?

And where could they possibly have gone that Juliet wouldn't be able to find them?  She was with them for years.  What new spot could she not imagine they went to?

picolas

for some reason i can't find a torrent of this ep anywhere.. it's episode 15 right? if anyone has a link gimme a pm as i don't want to check the thread.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

not if you're canadian.

okay i'll never check the thread again startinnnnnnnnng now.

Gamblour.

I think what I found weak about this episode, and maybe it explains why I wasn't upset by episodes strictly about the others or Nikki/Paulo and Hurley/VW Bus episodes, is that they divided their attention between too many stories. Sawyer and the vote, Kate's flashback, Kate and Juliet....it felt like the show's energy was spread too thin. It wasn't bad, it was just a very bland episode.

And why was Jack still passed out in the hallway if Kate woke up so quickly? They were away for days, and they come back and he's still lying there? That was strange to me.
WWPTAD?

Kal

I just hope they dont wait until Locke's next flashback episode to show what happened with him and his dad... I liked the Hurley-Sawyer story more than the others in this one. I do think Juliet has to know something... it cant be that everyone knew they were leaving and had everything done but her... she was not a prisoner or anything... I dont know it seems like the story developed a little confusing from the night when Locke blew up the submarine and then found his dad, to this...

pzyktzle

did anyone else notice that locke returned from the sub completely soaked and without a gun (as well as his backpack), and yet we see him board the sub from the jetty/pier without any need to get into the water at all?

Pas

Quote from: picolas on April 05, 2007, 04:13:20 PM
not if you're canadian.

okay i'll never check the thread again startinnnnnnnnng now.

I found it on Torrentz.com THROUGH google but not through the site (wtf!)

picolas

Kal

sickfins

www.tvrss.net
is your friend.  it will pick you up when you're in trouble downtown, and call you when you're sad

pzyktzle

picolas

thank you all for coming to my aid repeatedly during this struggle, friends.

had i the interest, i would download and watch the episode several times more to show my gratitude.

special thanks goes to meatwad who supplied me with the very first link to the torrent in a pm late last night.