Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: JG on November 09, 2006, 05:43:39 AM
And the love triangle is one of the weaker parts of the show right now.   
I might have believed you except for that...

Granted, the love scene was a little ridiculous.

Pozer

well, the show was almost as good as my philly cheese steak sandwich.  thanks again mordecai... never mind.  kate's flashbacks felt like ones of hers i've already seen before.  she did look damn cute though.  the kate & sawyer 'get it on' scene was indeed cheesy - the oc like material.  but the last 14 or 13 minutes were pretty grand. 

'sixteen new episodes - not one. single. repeat... not one!'  aaaah, i'm forgetting about the hiatus already.......... NOT!  

Ultrahip

Pretty good episode, nice tension at the end. But:

How much greater would it have been if right when Kate and Sawyer started getting on, it cut to ALL the Others crowded around the surveillance monitors where Ben usually sits, with popcorn, bobbing their heads, like, "Niiiiiiiiiice!"

polkablues

When did Matthew Fox turn into a real actor?  He always used to seem like more of just a genial screen presence, but he's been cranking it up to eleven recently. 
My house, my rules, my coffee

RegularKarate

This episode actually made me dislike the last one more. 
I liked the ending, but it was twenty minutes stretched into an hour... padding it with Kate and Sawyer getting together (seriously, some of you were actually surprised by that at this point?) and Kate's boring unnecessary flashbacks.

I'm hoping this chunk of episodes was just a teaser for the REAL season starting in February.

Ravi

I was expecting Nathan Fillion to curse in Chinese.

Raikus

Why is it that Mal's women keep drugging him?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

diggler

i feel like this whole mini season could've been covered in half the amount of episodes. while i do enjoy some of the character development this season, i'm starting to get impatient (and i was always the one to defend the show when my friends would complain about it going no where)

hopefully it gets off the treadmill next year
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

elpablo

i really hate that they did that. there was a million better things they could have been doing. they could have run away. they could have snuck into the building to look for jack. they could have found that young girl and asked her what the fuck was going on. they could have killed a guard, taken his gun and taken him hostage and bargained for jack. but no, they fucked. they just stayed there and fucked. and then cuddled and talked.

Chest Rockwell

I dunno, I didn't like it but not for that reason. I mean, there's no point to doing anything stupid because they are really at the mercy of the Others at this point, being cut off from their own island and all. They can't just run and hide, because they can't go anywhere, and would end up either being caught or having to come back anyway once they figure out that the only way to get back to the island is through the Others. Additionally, taking someone hostage wouldn't really help, either, for the same reason. Perhaps sex was the best thing they could do for psychological reasons, but even so the scene was still awkward...I mean, sex when being held by the Others would be, I would think, the last thing on their mind, given that they are being held prisoner with cameras on them and all that, and the chance one of the Others could come at any moment and bash their skulls in. I guess the sexual tension between the two just had to be released that badly.

In any case, Jack is quickly becoming the most interesting character to follow. As polka stated, Matthew Fox is rockin' it right now; Ben and ice queen are both interesting characters to boot.

Ravi

"Ice Queen" is up to something.  She wants Ben out of the picture so she can be leader.

I'm don't really like the episodes so far, but I'm giving the writers the benefit of the doubt that they are building up to something good.  I feel bad condemning the season when we're only, what, 6 episodes in?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Ravi on November 10, 2006, 11:15:44 AMI'm don't really like the episodes so far, but I'm giving the writers the benefit of the doubt that they are building up to something good.

Like the two fruit chopping new characters being the stars of the show?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

They're the new Kate and Sawyer, I tells ya!

polkablues

Quote from: Ravi on November 10, 2006, 11:15:44 AM
I'm don't really like the episodes so far, but I'm giving the writers the benefit of the doubt that they are building up to something good.  I feel bad condemning the season when we're only, what, 6 episodes in?

That's pretty much the same thing people were saying after the first 6 episodes or so of last season, and these 6 were WAAAY better than those 6.  I don't think we have anything to worry about.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Chest Rockwell

I just saw Running Scared for the first time last night, and now I think ice queen is even creepier. I don't know whether or not she was hired for LOST after Running Scared came out, but if she was, I can see why they picked her. What the fuck is her character's name again, anyway? Probably something icy like "Meredith" or "Cruella."