Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

picolas

that was one of the best episodes ever. the image of jack through the tv reflection/seeing tv for the first time in months and the kiss were what made it. i can't wait to find out why you would stay on an island forever.

Ultrahip

because you can grow amazing weed on the island. im fairly certain that this season we'll discover that's the others main objective. all these psych-experiments, all these games, all designed to come up with the finest strand of pot there is. it would certainly explain the nigerian drug plane, and why everyone seems to be hallucinating all the time.

Ravi

polkablues

Quote from: Ravi on October 15, 2006, 04:04:32 PM
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Yeah, season 5 is going to end with Matthew Fox waking up in a hospital bed with Neve Campbell, Scott Wolf, and Lacey Chabert standing around him, going, "Charlie! You're okay!"
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gamblour.

Quote from: polkablues on October 15, 2006, 05:40:56 PM
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Yeah, season 5 is going to end with Matthew Fox waking up in a hospital bed with Neve Campbell, Scott Wolf, and Lacey Chabert standing around him, going, "Charlie! You're okay!"

And Matthew Fox will say, "I had a dream that I was a spinal surgeon on an ABC drama that came on at 9pm on Wednesdays." And Scott Wolf will say, "That's so weird, I had a dream that I was a brain surgeon on an ABC drama that came on  at 10pm on Wednesdays."
WWPTAD?

Fernando

Quote from: polkablues on October 15, 2006, 05:40:56 PM
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

:laughing:  :shock: Just three years ago in that same day...

Quote from: ShanghaiOrange on October 15, 2003, 08:20:56 PM
At the end of Revolutions, Iron Maiden will suddenly start playing. Neo will be violently sucked out of the Matrix. Cut to a bedroom. Ted Logan wakes up with a jolt. He calls his friend on the telephone and says, "Bill, I just had a most excellent nightmare!"

Chest Rockwell

I didn't like last night's episode. Some considerable leaps of logic and now the island is like some sort of supernatural being? Also, Locke's flashbacks were a pretty far drop from his previous ones about his relationship with his father. When did he get involved in this giant marijuana family? Why? I didn't see these answered but maybe it's been hinted at before and I missed it and/or don't remember it.

The polar bear chase ending with Hurley was a pretty cheap attempt at suspense. Unless it turns out Hurley is a werebear, then it'd be cool.

grand theft sparrow

You didn't miss anything re: the commune.  Of all the main characters on the show, we know the least about Locke.  Everyone else has been more or less explained in their backstories.  Locke has the most pieces missing from his, so for every hippie drug dealing commune he turns up in, there's probably 5 things we have yet to learn about him. 

Locke has always regarded the island as an entity unto itself.  In season 2, he lost his faith but faithful Locke is back and I'm glad. 

The only thing I'm disappointed by is that I thought the black smoke had Eko in the same way that it tried to get Locke right around the season 1 finale.

diggler

how about that ending though? just when i thought the show was getting it's feet on the ground... the whole thing with desmond talking about locke's speech has my brain in knots
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Pozer

liked it.  saw the ending coming cause i kept thinking about the desmond 'locke said so in his speech' line followed by his 'oh never mind' shrug off to hurly's reply.  i like lockes pregressive flashbacks.  like that we don't know how he ended up on the farm.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: othersparrow on October 19, 2006, 09:00:53 AM
Locke has always regarded the island as an entity unto itself.  In season 2, he lost his faith but faithful Locke is back and I'm glad. 
Hmm, well considering I missed some of the first season (if they ever drop the DVD price I'll definitely be getting it), I always thought Locke considered the island more part of their destiny, that they were fated to crash there, and not as a being in and of itself, that could be communicated with via hippie drugs no less. It just seemed like a wierd transition, the only explanation being that the episode in the hatch at the end of last season suddenly made him realize this. I can understand him reverting to his opinion that the island/hatch is more than simply an island and even that he was meant to crash there, but suddenly needing to "speak to the island"? I dunno, I guess that's why they showed the hippie flashbacks with the meditating chamber and all that.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on October 19, 2006, 07:12:04 AMSome considerable leaps of logic and now the island is like some sort of supernatural being?

But hasn't it always been a supernatural being? Locke can walk, Sun is preggo, Rose's cancer is in remission, the smoke monster, Kate's horse, Jack sees his dead father, Shannon sees Walt... and so on.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

I don't think we need to see how he ended up on the farm, I think it's pretty obvious and hopefully they won't waste time filling in that gap.

I don't think the island is "supernatural all of a sudden".. there's nothing new there.

So what kind of time travel are we dealing with here? 

oh, and...
Quote from: RegularKarate on October 13, 2006, 01:58:16 PM
I think the guy that tried to escape with Sawyer and the former owner of Kate's dress are plants.  They're there to earn trust.

Listened to the podcast and they confirmed that this is not the case since they've done that before and didn't want to do it again (not that that's stopped them before)

Pozer

by the way, the beginning had me thinking the whole episode was gonna be just like the one of the simpsons where homer coated his mouth with candle wax so he could withstand wiggum's 'acid like' chili pepper, then ends up trippin' out the whole show. 

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 19, 2006, 12:11:52 PM
Quote from: Chest Rockwell on October 19, 2006, 07:12:04 AMSome considerable leaps of logic and now the island is like some sort of supernatural being?

But hasn't it always been a supernatural being? Locke can walk, Sun is preggo, Rose's cancer is in remission, the smoke monster, Kate's horse, Jack sees his dead father, Shannon sees Walt... and so on.
Yea, that's all true. My point was that the whole "speaking to the island" bit seemed like a pretty far leap ("leap of logic" wasn't really the right way to put it; I meant more of a gap in Locke's development from last season to this), assuming he suddenly realized that this was possible after the hatch incident since he hasn't tried it before to figure anything out. I'm aware the island has always had supernatural undertones and unexplained mysteries, but that whole sequence still seemed out of place somehow, to me at least. Oh well, I'll think on it some more.