Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

RegularKarate

I was hoping it was Desmond in the sub... that or a previously dead person.

Desmond is our link between the island world and the alternate universe, right?  Time to tie it together?

Quote from: Pozer on March 31, 2010, 10:51:14 AM
my favorite part was the ABC countdown to V show logo. im sure Sun's letter wasnt of importance.

Yeah, seriously, this was SO annoying

©brad

Quote from: RegularKarate on March 31, 2010, 11:02:50 AM

Quote from: Pozer on March 31, 2010, 10:51:14 AM
my favorite part was the ABC countdown to V show logo. im sure Sun's letter wasnt of importance.

Yeah, seriously, this was SO annoying

Sweet fucking christ. I seriously contemplated covering it with a piece of duct tape it was so annoying. I might even pull a Greenberg and write ABC a ranty letter if they keep this shit up.

Slate posed an interesting theory, or a question rather - if the island is underwater in the mainland timeline, does that mean Smokey had been released, or killed?

MacGuffin

Hideous on-screen countdown annoys Lost and V fans
Source: SciFi Wire

If you watched last night's episode of ABC's Lost and you're like us, you were pissed at the obtrusive countdown clock to V that the network chose to place in the corner of the screen.

It stayed there through most of the episode, even blocking certain action during the show.

Well, we're not alone: Executive producer Damon Lindelof and other fans were equally mad:

"Yes, people, I saw it too," Lindelof tweeted. ":34 minutes until I cry myself to sleep," according to a report in The Hollywood Reporter's Live Feed column.

Other reactions: "To the ABC exec who decided to put the V countdown clock on the bottom of the Lost screen ... I hate you. Passionately," tweeted one ESPN columnist.

Star Ledger columnist Alan Sepinwall was even more articulate about it on his blog:

Really, really, really pissed off that ABC saw fit to clutter the bottom corner of the screen with a "V" logo and a ticking count-down clock to point people towards tonight's return of that show.
On-screen clutter has been one of the scourges of television over the past decade, as networks think nothing of putting annoying flashing billboards all over their shows, sometimes for other shows, sometimes to remind you of the name of the show you're already watching. ...

But because I watch "Lost" live like the rest of you, there was no way to avoid it, and it was ridiculous: between the large red "V" logo, and the ticking clock, it was impossible to not notice it, virtually ever moment it was on screen (which was everywhere except right before or after a commercial break), and in at least one case the stupid clock obscured the note Sun was writing to Jack. Well-done, ABC. Really freaking well-done.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

i smell another.. You guessed it! LETTER! OF! APOLOGYYYYY! come on down!

ps. thanks canadian broadcasters! never saw that.

polkablues

It's all because Steven Spielberg is a moron.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

SPOILERS FOR NEXT EPISODE

From Ausiello at EW.com: If you were a fan of "The Constant," then you're going to love next week's heart-shaped episode. And if you weren't, you won't. It's that simple.

Fernando

I loved this past episode, it was great to see black lock face to face with widmore.

and I had this crazy dream that night.

I was watching the lost finale and dont remember everything but at some point we were (widmore's ppl, jack, kate, etc) waiting for black lock to wipe him out, there were several boats waiting for him and we were up on a cliff watching, up there suddenly jack was lock and ppl went crazy, i started saying "look he is lock he is lock" but it was only his face and as i was saying that i realized he wasnt, and told him i know you're not lock but your FACE transformed into him, then we knew he was like that because lock tried to make a diversion or something.

Finally black lock arrived in a small boat like the one where michael escapes and the only way in was this dock that was surrounded by the sound blocking things widmore had on the beach this past episode, so widmore's ppl started bombing black lock's ship until it was killed.

When that happened happiness ensued and ppl started jumping off the cliff, it was a big dive into THE SAND but as the island is magical, mysterious and shit gravity (obviously) doesn't work like every other place on earth and they landed smoothly, so we were partying and everyone was eating and drinking, vinnie chase was one of the cooks (yeah wtf).

As everything was going great Rose* started feeling sick, jack i think told her she had food poison, but then she got worse and threw up, she also was bleeding, jack then realized she was pregnant, but she said she hadn't been with anybody, and so we knew it was the work of black lock, the evil hadn't died alter all, then she was taken to some voodoo doctor widmore had there and started working on her, then...

* she was placed by president palmer's wife from 24.

Derek

There are only a handful of episodes left. Molasses in the winter moves faster than the story this season. It looks as though the timelines are going to merge and that is a very boring, depressing thought.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

diggler

i enjoyed charlie and desmond's scene in the hospital. it was the first time on the show that i was interested in what charlie was going to do. Eloise obviously knows what is going on, the "violation" line proves it.  i'm getting the feeling a lot more happened to Desmond in the alternate reality before he came back than what we saw.

season 2 was slow as molasses, this is.... well i'm not sure yet. i think everyone is feeling that ending coming and starting to panic, i'm still enjoying the ride. my only worry is that the scope of this season will make the seasons before it feel smaller.

oh, and Daniel? Charlotte's a layup, wear a rubber.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Kal

I'm really enjoying the ride. Not sure if I will be happy at the end, or what the hell will they do, but every moment so far and episodes like this make me love this show. Lost has never been about answers or making a lot of sense, but about surprises. Some of them were great, some expected, but this was a great episode because it shows that no matter what the hell happens with the story we care too much about these characters. They could have Desmond and Charlie and Daniel doing whatever the hell they want and we would still be watching and excited to see them.

Honestly, there is no other show like this one. Every time there is a new episode is fucking Christmas. It will suck when its over.

RegularKarate

Great episode.  It's funny how many people I've seen reacting like "Lost is back!" when it was never gone.  This has been a great season and the whole things feels right on schedule.

I've got an idea of how it will end, but it's still mostly a mystery and that's great.

Quote from: Derek on April 06, 2010, 09:37:28 PM
There are only a handful of episodes left. Molasses in the winter moves faster than the story this season. It looks as though the timelines are going to merge and that is a very boring, depressing thought.

Yes, it would be WAY more exciting if the timelines never had anything to do with each other and the side-flashes were just filler with no point.

Derek

Quote from: RegularKarate on April 07, 2010, 11:03:43 AM

Yes, it would be WAY more exciting if the timelines never had anything to do with each other and the side-flashes were just filler with no point.

I'm sure the side-flashes have a point. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying they are not that interesting. After five seasons we're introduced to variations of their characters in a different timeline? Because a hydrogen bomb exploded? I am still a big Lost fan. But this seems like 1999 when people were trying to convince themselves Episode I was good. I suppose we'll see how it all shakes out though.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

RegularKarate

I find them very interesting.  They explore fate and what makes someone who they are.

Neil

Quote from: Derek on April 07, 2010, 01:32:43 PM
Quote from: RegularKarate on April 07, 2010, 11:03:43 AM

I'm sure the side-flashes have a point. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying they are not that interesting. After five seasons we're introduced to variations of their characters in a different timeline? Because a hydrogen bomb exploded? I am still a big Lost fan. But this seems like 1999 when people were trying to convince themselves Episode I was good. I suppose we'll see how it all shakes out though.

Draw another comparison, that one sucks, and makes no sense.  You may have been the only one confused.  I was 12 and i thought it sucked.  All of us who watch are interested to see "how it all shakes out,"  but I don't think it's a any stretch to go off of what RK said in reference to the show being a character study.  And a great one at that.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Derek

Thanks Neil.

The show is a character show AND a science fiction/fantasy show. If I wanted just character I'd watch Days Of Our Lives. Take a pill.