American Idol

Started by Thrindle, April 14, 2004, 11:06:26 PM

ono

I hope she (Diana) wins, too, but it doesn't look good.  I missed the beginning performances, but the last two weren't amazing.  I did think Diana did a good job with hers.  Sometimes, Fantasia has been nothing special and I see Paula all in tears and Randy whipping his fist and saying "yeah, dawg!" and I wonder if we're hearing the same show they are.  Plus, Fantasia needed a whole choir behind her to get the response she did.  Fantasia will sell records, though.  She has that image, and that Aretha aura about her.  But I just like Diana better.  Fantasia's voice is just a bit too nasal.

I do wonder though how long the show will be a success.  I didn't watch the first season, caught the second midway through.  Ruben won, of course, but he hasn't been heard from nearly as much, mainly because his style of music isn't as mainstream as Clay's.  Anyone who doesn't acknowledge Aiken's amazing voice simply doesn't know talent.  This time around though, not many people had that, and I think it will probably be a while before they find someone as good as Clay again.  And I don't know if they have here.  It'll probably be a while before we can know for sure -- when the winner releases her first album.

A World Apart

I personally can't stand Fantasia. Her voice is like hearing a cat die! She has talent yes, an enthuisastic persona yes...but she bugs the hell out of me. And, since people love her just so much she has no problem getting a contract, she doesn't need to win. Diana will have a contract too, but i think she is completely underrated by people cuz of her age...her voice is incredible!....i think this last episode, as with the case of the past seasons, isn't really a competition as it is just a show for us, the audience. The first season produced Kelly Clarkson...who?..where is she?..and Justin Guarini (sp?) is no where..and their movie flopped, of course. The second season produced..as stated before..Ruuuubeennnn  Studdaarrrddd. Awesome voice, but yea..not in main stream music. And then there is Clay, i totally agree that he is amazing. His voice is heavenly. This season didn't have a good line up at all...i actually think that woman with the pinkish hair had a better voice than them all...that's my two cents.
No, I've never seen that, I've never seen anyone drive their garbage out to the curb and bang the hell out of it with a stick.

NEON MERCURY

FaNtAsIa American Idol Winner Party

dear anyone who reads this,

you is accordingly invited to join NEON and  his mom at a miniture golf corse that serves  chocolate icecream,   and fruit salad.  we are honoring fantasia, first we will play 2 rounds of golf.  the person with the lowest score wins an copy of the new michelle branch cd autographed by kelly clarkson.  but no cussing .  then after golf we will retire ourselves to the ice cream parlor and stuff our nasty faces with  ice cream, my  moms will even wipe our mouths off after we eat for a nickel.  then we are gojgn to the mall to flirt with guys and girls and smoke fake cigarette next to the merry-go-rounbd.  but , please remember to keep your momentum because we are about to get crazy.  my mom has rented an roller skating ring for us to get wicked.  you even dont have to bring your own skate(all equiptment provided) we are goign to have a blast.   my mom has grabbed numerous cds from various sources to spins while we ski-zate.  i peeked into her guccie handbag and saw def lepord, mya, nelly,   ludacris,  and of course kelly c, clay, ruuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeebbbbbbbben, and a soon to be release of fantASIA singing sinatras "it was a very good year" we are going to have fun.  i promise .  make sure to bring at least $20 dollars and your own juice and other trinkets.  

RSVP.

ta ta

bonanzataz

Quote from: NEON MERCURYFaNtAsIa American Idol Winner Party

dear anyone who reads this,

you is accordingly invited to join NEON and  his mom at a miniture golf corse that serves  chocolate icecream,   and fruit salad.  we are honoring fantasia, first we will play 2 rounds of golf.  the person with the lowest score wins an copy of the new michelle branch cd autographed by kelly clarkson.  but no cussing .  then after golf we will retire ourselves to the ice cream parlor and stuff our nasty faces with  ice cream, my  moms will even wipe our mouths off after we eat for a nickel.  then we are gojgn to the mall to flirt with guys and girls and smoke fake cigarette next to the merry-go-rounbd.  but , please remember to keep your momentum because we are about to get crazy.  my mom has rented an roller skating ring for us to get wicked.  you even dont have to bring your own skate(all equiptment provided) we are goign to have a blast.   my mom has grabbed numerous cds from various sources to spins while we ski-zate.  i peeked into her guccie handbag and saw def lepord, mya, nelly,   ludacris,  and of course kelly c, clay, ruuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeebbbbbbbben, and a soon to be release of fantASIA singing sinatras "it was a very good year" we are going to have fun.  i promise .  make sure to bring at least $20 dollars and your own juice and other trinkets.  

RSVP.

ta ta

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

i love you.

i do.

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

meatball

So, I missed the final episode of American Idol. I missed who the winner was. Wait. The winner was ME.

- Craig Kilborn

RegularKarate

So, I missed the final episode of VH1s top 100 Most Unfunny Comics, I missed who the winner was.  Wait.  The winner was ME.

- Craig Kilborn

Myxo

From this website..

The "Poop on Ryan Seacrest's Star" Contest!!!

If you're looking for the Executive of the Week post-- sorry. The Executive of the Week will henceforth be announced on Mondays, because I have decided that that is the official beginning of the work week. But Friday is a good day to start this contest.

Yes, that's right, folks. You read that title correctly.

Assistant/Atlas is running a contest to right the cosmic wrong that is Ryan Seacrest's star on the sidewalks of Hollywood. The first person to capture a photograph of the aforementioned event will receive the proceeds of my first check from GoogleAds, if I can get rid of my PSAs and make it to the $50 mark to get the check. Of course, this post essentially dooms me to weeks, if not a lifetime of PSAs for being 'offensive' and not 'family-safe' or whatever.

Now, please review the eligibility requirements and other materials to enter.

In Order to Enter This Contest:
1) You must be over 21, because you'll probably need to be good and drunk in order to think this is a good idea.
2) You must be personally offended by the snowjob that is Ryan Seacrest's star.
3) You must have a sense of humor that would be considered above average as well as a strong constitution-- there is no crying in the "Poop on Ryan Seacrest's Star" Contest.

What You Need to Enter:
1) You, and probably a getaway driver
2) Feces, preferably runny, inside you or a plastic bag
3) A camera

To Win:
You must actually take two pictures as proof. The first should be close on the star-- with Ryan Seacrest's name at least mostly visible-- after the business has been done. The second should be one of you doing the dirty deed, whether it be you squatting or just of you dumping a bag of business. It is acceptable to not show your face or to wear a ski mask during the deed to both avoid prosecution and the inevitable embarrassment of winning. Although, if you're willing to do the deed on a sidewalk in Hollywood, then maybe you're a publicity hound. And that's okay, too.

Please note: Getting a homeless person to do his business on the star will not be accepted! Remember, this is cosmic justice, people. You must be so personally offended by Ryan Seacrest's star that you are going to defile it yourself.

To Assuage Your Worries:

I, Assistant Atlas, promise that I will not show other people, post on the Internet or in any way release, anything but the winning pictures. And for the sick-minded of you out there, please note that I am NOT doing this to satisfy a bizarro people-pooping fetish. I assure that I am much more likely to burn any pictures I receive than to pleasure myself in any way while looking at them.

Please email assistantatlas@yahoo.com for picture-sending instructions. Thank you. . . and good luck!

hedwig

I've seen a few of this season's episodes, and so far the highlight has been, without a doubt, BOBBY BENNETT.

Paula actually suggested a career in comedy for this guy. Each facial expression, eye glance and body movement was amazing, the way he repeatedly compared himself to Barry Manilow ("like Barry himself!") and pointed at Paula when she praised him with that winky "you know I love ya, girl" look in his eyes! This man is GOLD.  JUST LOOK AT HIM:

Brilliant. too bad he got the boot.  :(

Thrindle

Was it the guys or the girls who sang tonight?
Classic.

polkablues

Quote from: Thrindle on March 01, 2006, 12:54:42 AM
Was it the guys or the girls who sang tonight?

The girls.  And man, was it a snooze-worthy bunch of songs they sang.  That fucking Brenna chick has to go.

Just as long as my precious Ms. McPhee makes it through...

:inlove:

Sasha Cohen who?
My house, my rules, my coffee

NEON MERCURY

this is a guilty pleasure of mine...i've been an avid fan since its start...i know its cheesy and shit but i cant stop watching it...i think the guys are the better bunch..and i am pulling for the guy w/the grey hair...

she is very attractive...reminds me of a less sumptous laura elena herring

polkablues

Quote from: polkablues on March 01, 2006, 01:26:30 AM
That fucking Brenna chick has to go.

That fucking Brenna chick has went.

All is well.
My house, my rules, my coffee

tpfkabi

i'm watching it too. it's the one show i can sit and enjoy and talk about with my co-workers and parents.

[size=04pt].....and i would like to be in the middle of a pickler/mcphee sandwich.[/size]
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

hedwig

who's watchin'  :shock:

can't figure out why I hate Kevin so much, the little twat. he's not a terrible singer but he's far from great. hope he gets the boot. the patronizing 'sex-symbol' angle's stupid.

sans the whole 'mean-to-fat-girls' thing, Simon rules. he should've been harsher on Kev-Kev.

edit: HIDEOUS dress, Katherine.

JG

i hate myself for watching this show.    Kevin = bad.  Simon = good.  I like the gray haired dude.  And I liked Gideon a lot.