American Idol

Started by Thrindle, April 14, 2004, 11:06:26 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Jeremy Blackman

Almost forgot ... nice subtlety.

Jeremy Blackman

Black Eyed Peas .

I loved will.i.am's helmet, but the rest of it just gave me a headache.

1. Fergie confuses me. What is her purpose?

2. Taboo was embarrassing. What's the point of autotuning his rap? It just sounds stupid. Almost as bad as Lil Wayne. (Yes, I said it.)

I guess I'm in a negative mood today.

Jeremy Blackman

Casey's best performance yet:

Sleepless

I haven't really been following at all, not really my thing, but the wife loves it. Did catch a couple of them last night though, and was blown away by the final girl who did Benny And The Jets. I was rolling my eyes when I saw her and heard the song choice, thinking oh she doesn't know who Elton is, she just heard that song in that bridesmaid movie. But wow, definitely the best performance of the night (from what I saw in the montage recap at least). If she's still there when it gets down to the final 6 or 5 I might start making an effort to watch.

Edit: What is up with that dude channeling gay Tracy Morgan?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Jeremy Blackman

Agree about the final performance. Haley can be great. (I think I linked another performance of hers here.)

I always appreciate a unique vocalist who can also bring heart/soul/sincerity to their performances. It's rare in popular music and particularly on Idol. That's why Casey remains my favorite. It's also why I'm no longer rooting for James Durbin. (He's getting too showy for me.)

As far as Jacob Lusk is concerned (the gay Tracy Morgan you're talking about), he's kind of a one trick pony, as they say, and he's not really one of my favorites, but I still appreciate his depth.

Jeremy Blackman

Oh, I also meant to say, Polka, I think I finally understand Paul McDonald, with that Rocket Man performance. I didn't necessarily like it, but it does still show where he's most comfortable. I'm not sure Idol is the best place for him... His voice is so specific that he's probably best off singing his own songs.

I still think (who didn't even make the top 24) could replace 1 or 2 of the current contestants, for his crazy-eyed intensity if nothing else.

polkablues

Ladies and gentlemen... your super fucking creepy AMERICAN IDOL!  I'm not saying he's a serial killer, but I guarantee at least one lampshade at his house is made from human flesh.

My house, my rules, my coffee

Sleepless

Time to take an acid bath.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Pubrick

looks like a young george w bush.
under the paving stones.

Fernando

Reel

I can't look at that for too long without wanting to do something really violent to that kid. It must be that I can sense what he has packed behind his drywall at home.