The Work of Kotte

Started by Outpatient_Cowboy, April 02, 2004, 08:44:27 PM

Outpatient_Cowboy

Perhaps people may have recognized me before as the critic of Kotte, and well..frankly, I still am. But I have been updated about his 35mm debut and am curious as to how his work gets made, Kotte this mini-thread is for you: How do you manage to get so much cash? Where do your ideas come from? When did you decide to first start making movies? And what is your general statement about yourself and filmmaking, I don't mean to simply patronize you- I'm interested.
"...like nailing Jello to a tree"

kotte

Quote from: Outpatient_CowboyPerhaps people may have recognized me before as the critic of Kotte, and well..frankly, I still am.

I have...

but that's okay though. :)

Quote from: Outpatient_CowboyBut I have been updated about his 35mm debut and am curious as to how his work gets made, Kotte this mini-thread is for you: How do you manage to get so much cash? Where do your ideas come from? When did you decide to first start making movies? And what is your general statement about yourself and filmmaking, I don't mean to simply patronize you- I'm interested.

I'm suprised you're suprised my shorts gets made. Bad films are greenlit everyday right? :)
You dislike my work and that's fine but I can't see how you think I'm the filmmaking anti-christ.

I had a production company up and running for this project, that's how funded the film. Did it myself. It wasn't too expensive (but expensive none the less) though, got some amazing deals on equipment and film stock.

My interest lies in telling interesting stories. Nowhere else. I wanna make entertaining pictures that might or might not make you ponder a little bit.

I was 16 when I realized this is what I want to do with my life. Wasn't one of those 7 year old kids who had 8 ½ as his favourite film. I remember the exact moment I fell in love with the idea of making movies: The intro-sequence in Snatch. The writer/director credit came up. BAM! Like a bolt of lightning it hit me. I wanna do this. I wanna make films. Indeed it's silly but I will never forget that moment. Why I love Snatch.

My intentions with this film will probably tick you off. I just wanted to mess around with a big camera. The experience is why I made it. I've learned so much about directing, camera, lighting, sound, grading, editing, producing. I don't expect it to win competitions or anything (though I think it could, it's pretty funny)

Big Owl

Now i'm interested

Do you have any of your films on the web
\\\\\\\"God damn these electric sex-pants!\\\\\\\"

kotte

hehe...well I have one in low quality here:

Cowboy's making it a bigger thing than it is. It's not better or worse than the rest of the shorts on the net...but he thinks I'm a waste of film. I think it's great that I make people feel so strongly about something... :)

Big Owl

Thats not a bad short I liked it

But since I haven't actually made any short films yet . I don't take to criticising others mistakes for fear of me branding myself ignorant.
If I made likewise mistakes in my upcoming debut short. What would that make me???

A HYPOCRITE I TELLS YA ...and a damn fool

So i have too say that was a nice short. I enjoyed the music and its contribution to the action as it unravels.Great name with the loving and the striking and the "lovestruck" .But thats just me :rainbowafro:
\\\\\\\"God damn these electric sex-pants!\\\\\\\"