10 favorite albums

Started by Jeremy Blackman, March 03, 2004, 05:09:40 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Reed Rothchild on June 20, 2006, 04:04:05 PM
Quote from: RegularKarate on June 20, 2006, 01:33:17 PM
You = Wrong

i so am not.

I don't understand why you had to pit the two against each other, but Zeppelin does fall to Pink Floyd pretty badly.  I mean, I know they're the most popular Floyd albums, but a band that produces masterpieces like The Wall and Dark Side places them really high up above a lot of bands, but they've also got albums like Animals, Wish You Were Here, and Division Bell.

Zeppelin's good, but they're no Floyd.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Reed Rothchild

Quote from: Walrus on June 21, 2006, 02:00:25 PM
Quote from: Reed Rothchild on June 20, 2006, 04:04:05 PM
Quote from: RegularKarate on June 20, 2006, 01:33:17 PM
You = Wrong

i so am not.

I don't understand why you had to pit the two against each other, but Zeppelin does fall to Pink Floyd pretty badly.  I mean, I know they're the most popular Floyd albums, but a band that produces masterpieces like The Wall and Dark Side places them really high up above a lot of bands, but they've also got albums like Animals, Wish You Were Here, and Division Bell.

Zeppelin's good, but they're no Floyd.

I was at party one night and there was this guy going around asking everyone floyd or zeppelin?  :yabbse-grin:
You know, people tell me I kind of look like Han Solo.

DVD Collection

Fjodor

Since top eleven's are far more interesting:

1. Jeff Buckley – Grace
2. Joy Division – Unknown Pleasures
3. Radiohead – OK Computer
4. David Bowie – Hunky Dory
5. Anna Ternheim – Somebody Outside
6 The Velvet Underground – The Velvet Underground & Nico
7. dEUS – The Ideal Crash
8. Arcade Fire – Funeral
9. Neutral Milk Hotel – In a Aeroplane over the Sea
10. Bob Dylan – Highwat 61 Revisited
11. Spinvis – Dagen van Gras, Dagen van Stro

Runner ups: Fioana Apple – Tidal, Air – Talkie Walkie, Can – Tago Mago, M83 – Before the Dawn Heals Us, The Beatles – White Album, The Magnetic Fields – 69 Love Songs, Morrissey - Vauxhall and I

grand theft sparrow

Somewhat revised from this and now ranked:

Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland

Fishbone - The Reality of My Surroundings

Floyd>Zeppelin

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Your tastes certainly have rearranged.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

Quote from: Neil on June 21, 2006, 01:56:46 AM
In response to this
a) you took time to do this
b) and I'm glad the ultimate goal of you proving a point/getting some rest at night was achieved.
sorry just saw this edited reply.

a) it took you two days to make that abortion of a reply.
b) actually i wrote it in the afternoon and went on to hav a very productive day. i hope one day u'll realise the world is round, so when it's night on one side it's actually DAY on the other. amazing i know. don't bother replying to this, you might hurt yourself.
under the paving stones.

Neil

Edit: Beer happens.

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

hedwig

why don't you just stop posting? each one of your comments is dumber than the last. just fuck off already.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

hedwig

Quote from: hedwig on June 30, 2006, 04:01:46 AM
why don't you just stop posting? each one of your comments is dumber than the last. just fuck off already.

my goodness, way too much anger. i'm glad you didn't fuck off, neil.

ah well, 3 years have gone by. it's time for a new top 10 list:

Electric Ladyland - speaks for itself.

On the Beach is Neil Young's best album. absolutely incredible from beginning to end, climaxing like vagina orgasm throughout the second half. every song makes my soul melt.

there are many miles davis albums that could appear on this list. i picked this one because it's hardcore heavy metal rock and roll at its finest. i like the cover too.

Bob Dylan Nashville Skyline. perfect soundtrack to any good day. favorite dylan depends on my mood. i love dylan when he sings like this.

Ween's WHITE PEPPER. the beatles gone brown. brimming with great ideas.

Man Who Sold The World. i want this coverart as a giant poster in my house.

Music from Big Pink, by The Band. this band is the only band in the world that can justifiably call itself The Band. they are The Band. this is THE The Band album.

2Pac - Me Against the World
dark, heavy beats and some of tupac's most gripping rhymes. he called it his blues record.

Beatles - Revolver
a wide-ranging masterpiece that captures a crucial moment in time and makes it timeless. george harrison shines repeatedly throughout, and Tomorrow Never Knows is my favorite song ever.

coming of age in a post-OKC world, i got into radiohead through this album. it remains my closest friend and lover.

brockly

Quote from: hedwig on August 18, 2009, 05:17:54 PM
Tomorrow Never Knows is my favorite song ever.

cool. that's my favourite song too.

i never made one of these. here's my list...

1. Amnesiac - Radiohead

2. Revolver - The Beatles

3. The Mollusk - Ween

4. Finally We Are No One - Múm

5. Siamese Dream - Smashing Pumpkins

6. Get Behing Me Satan - The White Stripes

7. Hunky Dory - David Bowie

8. It'll End in Tears - This Mortal Coil

9. The Soft Bulletin - The Flaming Lips

10. Every Day - The Cinematic Orchestra

11. Music Has the Right to Children - Boards of Canada

Jeremy Blackman

Wow... two people with Amnesiac at #1 in the last two days. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It's still my favorite. The rest of my list has probably changed dramatically, but not Amnesiac. It could be like Magnolia, one of those transformative experiences that creates a permanent affinity.

SiliasRuby

and I cheaed...two more

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Robyn

Bright Eyes – I'm Wide Awake It's Morning
Elliott Smith – From a Basement on the Hill
The Mountain Goats – All Hail West Texas
Neutral Milk Hotel – In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
The Tallest Man on Earth – Shallow Grave
Two Gallants - The Throes
Animal Collective – Strawberry Jam
Songs: Ohia – The Lioness
Leonard Cohen - Songs of Leonard Cohen