Best movie soundtracks

Started by joke08, February 21, 2003, 02:22:56 PM

mogwai

when i bought the singles cd, i thought that smashing pumpkins came from seattle.

Bethie

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: BethieNo mention of the "Singles" soundtrack. C'mon people.

I'll think of more later. word.

..i mentioned it between fast times and vanilla sky......word!

I must have missed that one.  8)
who likes movies anyway

The Obstruction

Quote from: phil marlowe...and the best soundtrack out there can only be Pulp Fiction, I mean normally a score is being composed or/and old or new songs is added to fit with the pictures, in the case of Pulp Fiction it is the other way around.

Your right, but have you heard the fucking collectors edition thats fucking sweet. In the end of the cd there is a 20 min. long interwiev where quintin actully are talkin about how he chose music to his films.
So that must be the most fantastic soundtrack in the world : great music + quintin interwiev can it be better !!
"I don't like the word ironic. I like the word absurdity, and I don't really understand the word 'irony' too much. The irony comes when you try to verbalize the absurd. When irony happens without words, it's much more exalted." David Lynch

The Obstruction

I hope you do not mean this old american soap also called "Singels" you know the one with Queen Latifah who i think is a really bad actor, mayby as bad an actor as Lisa Kudrow & Renee Zellweger and that's the ones who really takes the big price.
"I don't like the word ironic. I like the word absurdity, and I don't really understand the word 'irony' too much. The irony comes when you try to verbalize the absurd. When irony happens without words, it's much more exalted." David Lynch

Pubrick

Quote from: Dr. StrangeloveI hope you do not mean this old american soap also called "Singels" you know the one with Queen Latifah who i think is a really bad actor, mayby as bad an actor as Lisa Kudrow & Renee Zellweger and that's the ones who really takes the big price.
no she is referring to the movie called Singles, directed by Cameron Crowe, and already explained in this thread.
under the paving stones.

Pas

Quote from: Dr. Strangelove

I hope you do not mean this old american soap also called "Singels" you know the one with Queen Latifah who i think is a really bad actor, mayby as bad an actor as Lisa Kudrow & Renee Zellweger and that's the ones who really takes the big price.

American soaps don't have soundtracks, your denmark hippy

phil marlowe

denmark hippies unite

roARRRR ! !

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Pas RapportAmerican soaps don't have soundtracks, your denmark hippy

Well, quite alot do....

Bethie

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: Dr. StrangeloveI hope you do not mean this old american soap also called "Singels" you know the one with Queen Latifah who i think is a really bad actor, mayby as bad an actor as Lisa Kudrow & Renee Zellweger and that's the ones who really takes the big price.
no she is referring to the movie called Singles, directed by Cameron Crowe, and already explained in this thread.

Thank you.

8)
who likes movies anyway

Rusty James

Rumble Fish - Stewart Copeland
The Player - Thomas Newman
Punch Drunk Love, Punch Drunk - Jon Brion
Adaptation, Man who wasn't There - Cater Burwell
Mulholland Dr.
Alot of the John Barry Bond movies
Anything Ennion Morricone
Lost in Translation
About a Boy
Man without a Past
Grosse Pointe Blank

kotte

Amelie is one of the soundtracks ever.

Not many stand-alone movie soundtracks is as good and makes me feel as happy as this.

RegularKarate

Quote from: kotteAmelie is one of the soundtracks ever.

This is a statement

SHAFTR

without a doubt, and I know I mentioned it earlier..but even more so now...
PURPLE RAIN

also one of the best albums ever.

I'll also throw in Parade, the soundtrack to Under the Cherry Moon.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

kotte

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: kotteAmelie is one of the soundtracks ever.

This is a statement

Thought I'd let you fill in the blank... :?

Myxo