The Movie(s) That Made You a Cinephile

Started by phil marlowe, February 20, 2003, 01:14:04 PM

dufresne

first black and white picture i saw was Double Indemnity.  

first movie i remember watching in the theater? i was 7 years old and my dad asks me if i want to see a movie at the theater called Top Gun.  

the first movie that showed me how grand a movie could be was The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.

the first movie that made me want to be a part of the filmmaking process was probably Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

the movie that made me a cinephile was The Shawshank Redemption.
There are shadows in life, baby.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: punchdrunk23Unoriginality strikes again!  Boogie Nights was the film that truly made me become a movie buff.  That and American Beauty.

that and your pic of PSH , combined make you the most un original poster in the history of this site, you have cheapened all of us sir , tonight we all hang our heads in shame

Sigur Rós

I became a cinephile while watching Striptease. ( The scene where Burt is all olied up!)  :wink:

phil marlowe

that is a great avatar sigur ros. oh i wish...

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Pwaybloe

Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackManthat and your pic of PSH , combined make you the most un original poster in the history of this site, you have cheapened all of us sir , tonight we all hang our heads in shame

Man, you crack me up.  

What's even funnier is when the rest of you get all bent out of shape over his comments.  

Hey, why don't you treat him like your older brother: he'll quit picking on you if you just ignore him.  Fighting only makes it worse, and you get more noogies.

Quote from: Phil Marlowethat is a great avatar sigur ros. oh i wish...

Yes sigur once again you have come up with a great avatar

Quote from: Pawbloe
Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackManthat and your pic of PSH , combined make you the most un original poster in the history of this site, you have cheapened all of us sir , tonight we all hang our heads in shame

Man, you crack me up.  

What's even funnier is when the rest of you get all bent out of shape over his comments.  

Hey, why don't you treat him like your older brother: he'll quit picking on you if you just ignore him.  Fighting only makes it worse, and you get more noogies.

the weird thing is , im really a dancer

godardian

I've pinpointed the origins of my cinephilia as Husbands and Wives (1991, age 15), Safe (1995, age 20), and My Life to Live (first seen by me in 1995, age 20).

But... I do recall a childhood summer (age 11? 12? 13?) when I asked a neighbor to tape some movies off HBO for me (we didn't have cable), and I watched them all summer long: The Purple Rose of Cairo, Raising Arizona, and Hope and Glory. All of which I still think of as excellent films, and remembering the myriad occasions over that summer on which I watched and re-watched this triple feature... yes, that may be the actual origin of my cinephilia. I've loved Woody Allen for as long as I can remember, though...  probably even before I saw any of his films, I just thought he was the most unique, interesting, intelligent, oddly funny personality.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Sigur Rós

Traffican

"The Eyepatch Trilogy"

1.) Escape From New York
2.) Captain Ron
3.) Escape From LA
Where are you my little yellow friend?

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Quote from: tremoloslothGreatest first post ever?

i agree, that was fucking great a captain ron refernce right out the box this man may have potential

©brad