AMC's "Much More Movie"

Started by Myxo, January 19, 2004, 12:03:59 AM

Myxo

I'm sitting here watching Terminator 1 on AMC's "Much More Movie". For those that don't have cable, here are some highlights..

- O.J. Simpson was originally considered to play the T101. James Cameron would admit later that it would look odd to see O.J. Simpson as a killer.

- Patricia Arquette and Jennifer Jason Leigh were considered for the role of Sarah Conner.

- Linda Hamilton's biggest film credit until this point was..

- The club that Sarah almost gets waxed in is called "Tech Noir". Apparently that is what James Cameron and Co. thought they had created.

- If they weren't using miniatures, they were using front projection for the futuristic war scenes.

- The film was released to theatres with monphonic sound.

- The film that James Cameron directed before this?

- Arnold had 14 lines in the entire film.

- The budget for T1 was nearly as much as Arnold's trailer cost in T2.

- The final sequence of the film was shot in a cannery.

- Arnold Schwarzenegger's biggest credits before this film were..

and

Alright. I'm going back to my book now. This is good by the way, if anyone is looking for a good read. I picked it up on a friend's recommendation.

Stefen

This sounds like an awesome idea. Like a popup video for movies. And not dumb cheesy facts like what Linda Hamilton wore to the awards show. When does this air?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Myxo

Quote from: StefenThis sounds like an awesome idea. Like a popup video for movies. And not dumb cheesy facts like what Linda Hamilton wore to the awards show. When does this air?

When they aren't playing The Shawshank Redemption, they usually air the same movie for a while. Lately they've been playing the widescreen version of T1 without the pop ups. Then, afterwards they play the full screen version with the pop ups. After that they air a behind the scenes of T1 feature. It was pretty good actually. James Cameron mentioned that when he went out for lunch with Arnold to consider him for the role, he was so poor that Cameron didn't even pay for lunch. Arnold had to pick up the tab for both of them.

Good stuff..

soixante

There are all sorts of intersting tidbits, such as during Risky Business, one of the cards said, "Tom Cruise forgot to blow dry his hair before shooting this scene."
Music is your best entertainment value.