24!

Started by Gamblour., December 22, 2003, 11:01:32 PM

Ravi

Quote from: kal on March 15, 2006, 11:26:49 PM
What the fuck is wrong with them... who the fuck is left? Jack, and thats not even certain anymore!

That's one thing I love about this show.  They're not afraid to kill main characters we've grown to like.

Weak2ndAct

The final death in the last episode is why 24 rocks.  Everyone knew going in from the previews and hype that someone was gonna bite it-- and they did, dramatically expected early on.  But the Weller reversal was so left-field, so shocking-- goddamnit, I was floored.  They set him up as Jack's mentor-- we should expect Jack-like antics!  I seriously hope he stays on the rest of the season, finally a villian with some weight. 

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Ravi on March 15, 2006, 11:30:15 PM
That's one thing I love about this show.  They're not afraid to kill main characters we've grown to like.

And they're not afraid to kill them off in really stupid ways.

SEASON 5 SPOILERS

Palmer's dead.  Fine.  It had to be done to get the season going.
Michelle's dead. Fine.  Same reason.
Edgar's dead.  Unnecessary but if they have to kill someone off, then fine. 

But for Christ's sake, Tony deserved a better death than to be stabbed in the chest with a needle by Buckaroo Banzai!  Even Sean Astin got a more heroic death!  And Tony has been effectively useless since he woke up.  This is like saving Trinity in Reloaded only to kill her in Revolutions.  Dumb.  They should have just killed him with Michelle and had Curtis (aka Black Tony) in Tony's place or create some new character that would be in there.  Bottom line, Tony went out like a background character.  And what was up with his "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya" speech before he pulled an ED-209 and got his ass handed to him?

So the only characters left from seasons 1 or 2 are Jack and Kim.  I hope this is the last season because: a) they killed off the best characters (exept for Chloe); and b) what else are they going to do with terrorism?  As it is, they're repeating themselves.  They've played out just about every terrorist scenario imaginable: kidnappings, plane crashes, assassination attempts, nuclear bombs, chemical and biological agents released in public. They've done it all and it's getting boring; I was going to stop watching until I saw that Cougar Kim was coming back.  But they should get out while the ratings are still good.

Gamblour.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SPOILERS

Quit your bitching. Tony's death was a sudden shocker, but only because he let vengeance get to him. His line, "She's gone" completely, absolutely made his death worth it. David Palmer's death, however, is unacceptable because now we have no hope in the leadership at all. This president is a piece of shit and probably the worst part about this season. I'm sick of his blubbering and cowardice and it feels like a soap opera plot line. If Palmer were alive, I'm sure he could stage a coup and get back into office.

Man, I certainly started to tear up when they killed Edgar. That sucks. But with Sean Astin and the guard, I couldn't help but think, "Why are they still watching the security cameras?" Also, Jack's line after Audrey asks how he's doing, the simple "No", that was just fantastic. I loved the newest episode because it came back to what the show's about...each episode is one hour long, time passes slowly, and an incredible amount of fucked up shit has happened today. The "no" and Jack losing it while holding Tony, that's the shit that makes this show awesome.

And WHY do all the female assassin/terrorists fuck men when we are first introduced to them? This show is right wing and sexist and I love it.
WWPTAD?

grand theft sparrow

I will fight you.

polkablues

The fact that you're getting so passionate about it is exactly why they did it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

grand theft sparrow

Kal

SPOILERS

I agree with most of the comments, but it still pisses me off that half way through the season ALL the original characters are gone, except for Kim who became a bitch and she doesnt even look as hot as she did before. She and her new boyfriend are probably gonna get into some serious trouble in the next couple of episodes.

But anyways, I also think Tony deserved a better death. Yeah, he was useless and stupid this season, but they didnt give him a chance. Remember he was also useless and stupid half way last season and then he made a terrific comeback!

I also loved Jack's moment when Audrey asked if he was OK and he said "NO". He usually knows what to do and how to fix everything, whatever it takes, but now he was completely lost with Kim and feeling like everything he does means nothing.

Anyways, its a bit frustrating that all the good characters like Edgar and Tony are gone, especially Palmer. And now we have to deal exclusively with idiots like Logan, that retarded Vice President, and I'm really starting to get sick of Mike Novick. Lets hope these writers know what they're doing!

ono

"Audrey Raines."

Damn.

Ravi

I'm getting tired of the whole "outsider takes over CTU, much to the chagrin of everybody" plot device.  Isn't this the 3rd or 4th season in which they've done this?

picolas

3rd by my count. if you count the beginning of 4.

spoils

i'm pretty sure it'll turn out Audrey wasn't involved, but Jack's interrogation will cause them to break up for another season. and then they'll be apart for that season until the end when they get back together and then Jack dies. i also think maybe the new guys will have taken over ctu in season 6. but there's still 10 hours so ctu has time to get rid of them..

grand theft sparrow

SPOILERS FOR SEASONS 2-5

Quote from: picolas on March 21, 2006, 12:19:52 AM
i'm pretty sure it'll turn out Audrey wasn't involved, but Jack's interrogation will cause them to break up for another season.

That's pretty much what I was thinking... If they can fake Jack's face on that security cam to frame him for Palmer's death, then someone can put on an Audrey face and frame her.  But who?  My guess would be Mandy but I'm trying to remember if they killed her or just arrested her after she kidnapped Tony last season.

Hopefully, Desmond gets killed off 24 asap because that will mean he'll show up on Lost again soon; that German accent sounds more British to me. 

Quote from: Ravi on March 20, 2006, 11:35:31 PM
I'm getting tired of the whole "outsider takes over CTU, much to the chagrin of everybody" plot device. Isn't this the 3rd or 4th season in which they've done this?

I'm tired of it as well and I think this is the 4th time someone has taken over CTU (maybe more, I didn't see season 3).  First it was the black chick in season 2, I think, after Mason was exposed to the radiation.  Then Bill Buchanan took over in season 4 when Driscoll's schizo daughter killed herself.  Then Samwise Gamgee at the beginning of this season.  Now, this one.  Did I miss any others?  Did Driscoll take over for someone in between there?  And you'd think they'd leave a note for the next person:  no matter what, listen to Jack Bauer.

Kal

BIG FUTURE SPOILER/GUESS

I read somewhere that Desmond was only going to appear in 2 episodes of 24. Considering that he did not do anything the episode before this one, I assume next episode will be his last, if its true. If not, maybe he is gone for good. I'm sorry that I dont provide the source of where I read it, I just dont remember... and maybe it wasnt 100% accurate.

Anyways, for the first time today I started thinking that Jack will die at the end of the season. I think its time... and then they are really going to work on the movie, which will be based on some subplot or storyline from the past few years. That way they will have all the cast available if they want them, and if Jack is dead they also have him working full time on the movie.

If they continue 24 next season, it will be like they said before, in some foreign country like England and using new actors.

picolas

they should go to another decade. 24 in the 30s would be neat.

polkablues

Quote from: picolas on March 22, 2006, 01:34:11 AM
they should go to another decade. 24 in the 30s would be neat.

Or the future: "24 2040".
My house, my rules, my coffee