24!

Started by Gamblour., December 22, 2003, 11:01:32 PM

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Gamblor not so gone.Aisha Tyler = Sherry

Bring Chloe back!!!

MINOR SPOILERS

It's a red herring, man!  She's not going to be another Sherry Palmer because that's exactly what they want you to think.  Another black woman with deadly ambition?  I don't think so.  My guess is she's there to take down a real mole (which I am bored of too, as well as everyone on this show having had sex with each other)... Edgar maybe or that other woman that dropped dime on Chloe.

And concerning the power plant thing... they can't really outdo that one.  What's going to happen next season, provided that they don't pull a Strangelove and end the show with the plan being carried out?  I think they upped the ante too much with this threat.

Ravi

So far I've watched about 10 episodes of the first season and it is awesome.  I like that the show by design has stories that extend over an entire season.  It allows for so much more detail and twists than normal TV shows or movies.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: RaviSo far I've watched about 10 episodes of the first season and it is awesome.  I like that the show by design has stories that extend over an entire season.  It allows for so much more detail and twists than normal TV shows or movies.

Season 1 is great but season 2 is even better IMHO (with the exception of the cougar, of course).

And what happened in the last 2 minutes of last night's episode is probably the greatest single moment of non-comedic TV I've ever seen.  I was literally jumping out of my seat cheering, which I never do except when the Knicks win a playoff game (needless to say, it's been a long time).

Gamblour.

Season 1 is by far the best season, probably one of the best seasons of television ever. Season 2 is ok, but they start going out of control. Season 3....let's not even mention that shit.

As for last night's episode, when that happened I shouted so loud and pumped my fists in the air. Goddamn, that was one motherfucking exciting moment.

POSSIBLE SPOILER
:

I still thought it would be Chloe that showed up weilding a gun, that would have been fucking awesomer!!!!!
WWPTAD?

Sleuth

I don't watch this show anymore, ruin it for me and tell me what happened
I like to hug dogs

ono

Specifically what do you want to know?

Last night spoilers.  Haha.

Tony Almeda came back from out of the blue (unless I missed something) and saved Jack's and the secretary of defense's daughter's asses.  I kinda blanked out there near the end of the episode.  He was supposed to have gone to jail or something.  Maybe not.  Working undercorver.  Heh, sometimes you can not watch the show for weeks and be fine; others, you blink for a second and miss everything.

This show just isn't holding my attention like it used to.  My roommate affectionately calls it the "Jack Bauer Power Hour."  They too were cheering when Almeda came back.  I read somewhere he was returning in this episode so it wasn't too much of a surprise to me.  The writing should be better, that's what bugs me the most.  Can't change it now, though, I imagine, since most if not all episodes have been shot.

picolas

Quote from: ono mo cuishleCan't change it now, though, I imagine, since most if not all episodes have been shot.
what was your plan to change it had the episodes not been shot?

ono

Write better.  Not fill the episodes with stereotypes and overdramatic dialogue.  Chloe and Jack are the only watchable characters on the show now.  And to a lesser extent Edgar.  Good thing Tony's back now.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: ono mo cuishleTony Almeda came back from out of the blue (unless I missed something)

Jack made a call about 5 minutes before to "the only person I can trust".  He got there awful damn fast but who cares?  Suspension of disbelief and all that.  Like Kurt Longjohn said, "It is what it is."

Quote from: ono mo cuishleWrite better.  Not fill the episodes with stereotypes and overdramatic dialogue.  Chloe and Jack are the only watchable characters on the show now.

But the show has always, to a certain extent, thrived on overdramatic dialogue and stereotypes.  If it wasn't so over-the-top, it wouldn't be as fun to watch.

After Monday's episode, I needed a massive Tony fix so I put in Season 1 and it's still the same type of show as it used to be.  24 has always been one of those shows where the whole is much greater than the sum of its parts. Now that the novelty has worn off, it's a little easier to take the show at face value, for better or worse.  

At a certain point in each season (with season 3, it kind of happened in the first episode so I didn't bother watching), the plot takes a backseat to a series of somewhat connected roller-coaster/what-the-fuck moments (see Teri's amnesia from season 1 and the infamous cougar in season 2), until it comes back together in the last 7 or 8 episodes.  I think that we're at that point in this season, now that the thwarted execution was shown to be a decoy.  But really, there's only so much you can do with the show; it's about a counter-terrorism task force.

And the only way they can top Tony's return is to either bring Mason back from the dead or give us full-frontal Kim, neither of which are likely.

Gamblour.

Tonight's episode=most intense fucking episode ever. this was fucking fantastic.
WWPTAD?

ono

Yeah, it was pretty good.  It seems to me as if the season is a big two/three-parter, and tonight was the end of the first half (third? -- how many episodes has it been anyway?).  I'm actually looking forward to next week for once, and not just tuning in out of habit.

Gamblour.

Best moment in 24 history...SPOILERS

Chloe with a fucking m-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WWPTAD?

Ravi

Quote from: Gamblor HatesMySpaceandUTonight's episode=most intense fucking episode ever. this was fucking fantastic.

Aw man, I missed most of it.

Ravi

Is 24 shot on HD or film?

jtm

Quote from: RaviIs 24 shot on HD or film?

the first 3 seasons were shot on film and the last season on HD