24!

Started by Gamblour., December 22, 2003, 11:01:32 PM

Gamblour.

They didn't even mention Heller in the opening "Previously on 24..." so yeah, he's gone.
WWPTAD?

jesus, this season has been terribly entertaining. the most metal gear solid of them all .   "you don't strike me as a person who would die for christepher henderson".  that's jack bauer for you.
speaking of which, remember this:

context, context, context.

Kal

LOL, what are we supposed to do that day?

Ravi

Quote from: kal on May 01, 2006, 10:08:31 PM
CHLOE TAKING THE GUY OUT WAS THE BEST PART!!!

The second time was better.

Here's me reading kal's spoiler on the previous page:

Spoiler, I better not read it.

::reads spoiler::

Dammit.

LOL, what are we supposed to do that day?

Get the job done.

Kal

Kiefer Sutherland's voice is awesome... I wish I had that voice... anybody saw the new Verizon Business commercial?

picolas

don't watch the preview for the season finale.

Kal

Good that I got distracted and missed it... the episode was good

Quote from: Gamblour le flambeur on May 01, 2006, 10:10:14 PM
They didn't even mention Heller in the opening "Previously on 24..." so yeah, he's gone.

I told you that Heller could be alive... everybody always think my comments are stupid, but nooooo

SPOILERS!!!!

Im so happy Aaron was back, although I hate that fucking lizard president so much I hope Aaron himself kills him... kinda like he said he would...

Gamblour.

Season finale....eh. SEASON SPOILERS BELOW

I do not know why the feel the need to cram in so much shit. The Bierko storyline was absolutely unnecessary, and I'm sure there was a better way to allow Henderson and Jack to confront each other. You would hear characters say things like, "It's a civilian port servicing the ship. THEREFORE, there wouldn't have been guards" and therefore the storyline is just poorly slapped together. I'm very disappointed with this finale, the season had lots of action and great storylines going on. But then, wait, who the fuck is Morris?!? And who gives a shit? The writers really buckled under all the plot of the season and proved they couldn't use anything but deus ex machina and exposition to write their way out. Every moment where it felt like there was just too much happening for it to be "real time" (though I know they've abandoned that idea long ago), it still gets me down and frustrates me. The show is at its best when it takes its time. Like the episode where they're stuck in the room because of the gas. Best moment of the season. Oh well. I guess the thing with Jack and the Chinese is pretty cool.
WWPTAD?

grand theft sparrow

SPOILERS

Best thing about the finale: the fact that Martha Logan started seducing the president right before the end of the first hour and at the top of the next hour, they're already getting their clothes back on.  David Palmer would have been missing for half the season!

Gamblour is right, for the most part.  This season was so convoluted that I forgot who's alive and who's dead.  But I still say, who cares?  24, for me, is the ridiculous moments, like Jack putting up his hood and getting on a commercial plane undetected, or when he tazers secret service agents, or any unnecessary kills, or the fact that Jack is now on a slow boat to China.  Incredible stuff. 

So I guess season 6 is going to be Chloe, Curtis, Buchanan, Aaron, and Mike Novick bust Jack out of a Chinese prison?  They've found a way to get me to watch next season.

MacGuffin

Hit TV show '24' coming to big screen

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The real-time TV thriller "24" is headed to the big screen under a deal between movie studio 20th Century Fox and the show's producers, trade paper Daily Variety said on Thursday.

The Hollywood publication said no deals are in place with the cast, although star Kiefer Sutherland -- an executive producer of the series -- has said he would like to reprise his role as sleep-deprived action hero Agent Jack Bauer in a feature version.

However, the paper said the "24" movie would likely abandon the TV show's distinctive real-time conceit, meaning that all the murder and mayhem will no longer be squeezed into one day. A rough plot outline has been drafted, but no details have been disclosed, it said.

Fox, a unit of News Corp., struck a deal with series creators Robert Cochran and Joel Surnow, who will write the script, and executive producer Howard Gordon, who will work on the story, Daily Variety said. The feature could potentially shoot next spring and summer during the hiatus between season six and a likely seventh season of "24."

The critically acclaimed "24" series, which airs in the United States on News Corp.'s Fox Broadcasting unit, saw ratings improve by 14 percent for the just-wrapped fifth season, with nearly 14 million viewers tuning in every week, the paper said.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

Quote from: MacGuffin on June 08, 2006, 11:12:03 AMHowever, the paper said the "24" movie would likely abandon the TV show's distinctive real-time conceit, meaning that all the murder and mayhem will no longer be squeezed into one day.

lame.

Ravi

That's just another action movie  :yabbse-thumbdown:

grand theft sparrow

And is a bigger budget really going to make it so much more entertaining that people will say, "Goddamn, they can't do that on TV."  Let's face it, they're making this just so we can hear Jack say "shit."

Kal

"Holster the weapon NOW!"

I'd pay 9 bucks to see that in the big screen... no doubt!