24!

Started by Gamblour., December 22, 2003, 11:01:32 PM

Ravi

SPOILERISH

Was the President pretending to be shocked at Walt's behavior this whole time to fool the audience or is some deux ex machina going to show up in the next episode?

Gamblour.

Wait, by "audience" you mean the people around him, right? It's probably justifiable only slightly that he was really pretending the whole time. But two episodes of setup is not enough.
WWPTAD?

Kal

Sutherland boosts pact at 20th TV

"24" star Kiefer Sutherland has inked a multifaceted deal with 20th Century Fox Television. The rich pact, which is set to begin in June, calls for the actor to continue on the hit Fox drama for three more years and includes a two-year development deal for Sutherland's soon-to-be-launched production banner. Details on the deal were sketchy Friday, but sources pegged the acting portion alone at more than $40 million for the three seasons, which could make Sutherland the highest paid actor in drama series.

ono

Excellent episode.  Audrey + Chloe, Jack + Wayne.  Nuff said.  Can't wait to see Heller involved again.  I don't buy the president being behind this.  Makes no sense, as others have said.  But once accepted, it lends to great drama.  The backlash between the prez and his wife will be interesting, though they won't be around next year.  Since 24 has been signed on for three more years, this means we'll be dealing with the vice prez as the prez.  Interesting to think about, now that we know he has no ulterior motives.

Of course, he still could.  Speculation.  If the recording could've been fabricated, the veep may have been involved, too, in some way.  But maybe I'm just going in circles, making things too complicated, which is just indicative of how messy the writing is getting even if the last episodes were dramatically compelling.

Gamblour.

yeah, if the recording is fake, then the writers suck. What a waste of time that would be, no pun intended. The episode was really great, I was getting very antsy at the end. The whole bank setup and the silent alarm, brilliantly done. Two moments that made me cringe: "Are you ready Mr. President?" "Huh? Oh right, of course the press conference." and "You've experienced more crises today than any other president experienced in their entire term." Wow, thanks for that subtle exposition AND brilliant summation of the show's own weakness. But I did love that Henderson never left the car. The remnants of the real-time premise always please me.
WWPTAD?

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: onomabracadabra on April 10, 2006, 09:05:16 PM
Since 24 has been signed on for three more years, this means we'll be dealing with the vice prez as the prez.  Interesting to think about, now that we know he has no ulterior motives.

That we know of.  I still think it was Bob that possessed him and killed David Palmer.

ono

It just keeps getting better.  So incredibly intense.  I missed what happened to Aaron, though.  Blinked, and he was gone.  What happened to him?  The whole "Martha knows" angle is played out.  Same thing over and over again.  That, and Aaron -- could see him in more action -- but that might just be my fault for blinking.

Anyway, Chloe was amazing as usual.  Jack wasn't totally super, but pained and vulnerable, which worked.  Every Superman has his kryptonite, or something.  The scene where he burned his bonds, and the whole "needatourniquet" thing were both inspired.  I love the Heller character (even though he was stupid -- just another obstacle the writers created for the show), and even though the whole prez implication thing is implausible, the writers did a decent job covering it up.  I gotta wonder, though, if they did the whole episode arc beforehand and planned all this out, or did it in three big lumps of 8 or so episodes.  I'm thinking the former, especially considering how the episodes are aired, plus it would give them more credibility.

Oh, and we have a little continuation of the whole crazy chick thread.  At least the setup of her being mentally unstable was there for a reason other than just what it was on the surface.  For some reason, there, I wasn't giving them nearly enough credit.  It was weird to me, though, how quickly Chloe got to Buchanan, too.  Blinked there, and she was at his home.

polkablues

Quote from: onomabracadabra on April 17, 2006, 09:01:48 PM
It was weird to me, though, how quickly Chloe got to Buchanan, too.  Blinked there, and she was at his home.

I thought the same thing about how quickly Heller got to the presidential retreat.  I can only assume Buchanan bought a house two blocks away from CTU to save money on gas.

As for the Aaron thing, either I blinked at the same time as you did, or they didn't show us what happened to him.  Just Martha going out to meet him and finding his cell phone.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gamblour.

Exactly, she only found his phone. I assumed someone had gotten to him already.
WWPTAD?

Kal

Last episode was really good... everyone is finding out and its going to go out of control soon... I wonder who is in that plane.

The funny thing is that you never really find out who the fuck is controlling the whole thing... think about how many people were the "head" of the operation since it started until now...

Gamblour.

Yeah! Nothing a 'bow from Jack Bauer to put you to sleep. And no one even noticed.
WWPTAD?

ono

Blink and you'll miss it.  Quick like cat, quick like cat.

And I wanna have TaserChloe's babies.

Poor FLOTUS.  She's gonna be dead in the next hour.

Wayne, Aaron, where aaaaare yooooou?

Ravi

What was that wire Jack was pulling on in the cargo bay?

ono

The rudder, or whatever it is that steers the plane, I think.

Kal

CHLOE TAKING THE GUY OUT WAS THE BEST PART!!!

Yeah we didnt get to see what happened to Aaron, Wayne, or even Audrey which was on her way to CTU with Curtis and Henderson. It shows that they were far away...

Next episode will be coo, with Jack landing the plane probably in a weird place. And the President ordering to shoot down the plane will convince everybody else that he is a fucking traitor.

Is everybody convinced for sure that Heller is dead?

SPOILERS (FOR THE FINAL HOURS)

I read somewhere that the some of the final hours take place inside a Submarine... so we'll see if Jack goes underwater with the pane or what the hell...