..The everything MTV thread....

Started by NEON MERCURY, December 01, 2003, 11:45:27 PM

RegularKarate

Quote from: andykThe best stuff on MTV always was BEAVIS AND BUTTEHEAD, and TOM GREEN... now it all sucks... all those fucking reality shows...

What's funny is that a lot of people will claim that Beavis and Butthead marked the downfall of MTV (though it was a great show, it just happened to be around the time that MTV started to really blow).

I guess to each his own.  Yeah, Duck Sauce is right to say that it's cliched to speak out against MTV... it sucks... there isn't anyone about age 12 that thinks it's "Cool" to watch MTV.

Every once in a while there's a decent show on there, I flip around in the morning and occasionally find a video on that I like, but for the most part, I hate most of the shit they show.  

But seriously, it's for kids now.

Slick Shoes

I like Rich Girls. It's a gas! And Punk'd is good half the time.

MacGuffin

Quote from: RegularKarateEvery once in a while there's a decent show on there.

It's all about Camp Jim!

But seriously, I think their "True Life" series is very good. It tackles some serious issues. Then there was that show, I think it was called "Flipped" or something like that, but it was like "Scared Straight" - that was one great too.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

everyone talkes so much shit about mtv and yet everyone still watches it.

personally, i like vh1. the 'i love the 80s' stuff is gold.

although i was sumwhat disappointed w/ the vh1 big in 2003 awards. they were kinda lame, except for outkast's performance, which was BADASS.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I can honestly say the only time I watch it is in the morning when I'm watching a brief glimpse at the evolution of music videos.

With the exception of a few, it's a negative trend.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

classical gas

Does anyone actually know someone that is like the people on MTV?  Have you ever heard the teenagers talk on that network at spring break or wherever they're at?  They're all nuts.  MTV is like an insane asylum with a bunch of cameras.  It's a pretty negative way to portray teenagers, like we must all act like mindless fools, but i don't want to get off on a rant...they're just letting loose...

GodDamnImDaMan

Dont poke fun at Jessica Simpson...

Pound for pound the sexiest buck toothed fucko on MTV...

besides Mickey Wilson....
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Slick ShoesI like Rich Girls. It's a gas! And Punk'd is good half the time.

Tommy Hilfiger looks like Peter North

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: God Damn Im Da ManPound for pound the sexiest buck toothed fucko on MTV...

..hahaahah....
bucked teeth amuses me......if any of you guys have them or know of a pic of one PLEASE POST A PIC OF THEM OR YOURSELF....i don't ask much these days...and it would not only benefit me ..but my comrades also....

freakerdude

MC Pee Pants

MacGuffin

Ashton Kutcher Pulls Plug on 'Punk'd'  

LOS ANGELES - Ashton Kutcher says the joke is no longer on him - he announced Friday that he's pulling out of the MTV prank show, "Punk'd," after two seasons.

His representatives swear it's not a trick, but anything the prankster Kutcher says must be taken with a bit of skepticism.

The last new episode featuring Kutcher, star of "That '70s Show," is set to run Sunday, where the victim of a practical joke will be singer Beyonce Knowles.

"We have had an incredible time doing the show and have decided to stick with the old adage of 'leave 'em wanting more' and that's how we feel with the show," said Kutcher, 25, who stars and co-produces the series.

"Punk'd" is a version of the old "Candid Camera" that preys on young celebrities. Among Kutcher's victims: singer Nick Lachey, who thought his wife, Jessica Simpson, had allowed her hillbilly relatives to move their trailer onto his mansion estate, and Justin Timberlake, who was moved to panic when he thought all his belongings had been seized because he owed $900,000 in back taxes.

"Today is a sad day for MTV, but probably a happy day for Hollywood. Celebrities can rest a little easier knowing that the Punkings have ceased," said Lois Curren, an MTV executive in charge of series development.

It's possible the announcement is a trick aimed at duping new prank victims. A page on MTV's Web site that promotes Sunday's season finale pledges: "But don't worry, the new season starts in March."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

They were so successful without planning it than they screwed up all the best ways to punk someone and now it became harder... people already know they're being punked...

The guy (Ashton) has like 4 movies coming out and he is with a lot of stuff going on so i guess its better

cine

I would now like to see a show where celebs have bad stuff happened to them and they just brush it off and say "Oh, I got Punked, right? Ha ha!" and people just say, "No seriously, dude, you aren't getting Punk'd." And then the person really doesn't get punked. And bad shit happens - like people's deaths, having money stolen, etcetera. And they could call the show "Not Punk'd" or whatever.

It would teach people a lesson.

©brad

ashton kutcher needs to be punk'd.

Ravi

Quote from: CinephileI would now like to see a show where celebs have bad stuff happened to them and they just brush it off and say "Oh, I got Punked, right? Ha ha!" and people just say, "No seriously, dude, you aren't getting Punk'd." And then the person really doesn't get punked. And bad shit happens - like people's deaths, having money stolen, etcetera. And they could call the show "Not Punk'd" or whatever.

It would teach people a lesson.

Or they should take it to the next level.

Guy: Your wife is dead.
Celeb: What?
Guy: Yes, her body is in the next room.
Celeb: Oh, I get it, I've been Punk'd, right?
Guy: No.  (crying) Mary's dead, man.  I think she was gang-raped too.  There's blood everywhere.

They go into the room, where there is a very lifelike replica of Celeb's wife, covered in blood.

A fake ambulance arrives to take the body away.

Celeb is crying.  Now the real wife comes out from somewhere and the new host says,"Look over there.  See that camera?  You've been Punk'd to the Max!"