..The everything MTV thread....

Started by NEON MERCURY, December 01, 2003, 11:45:27 PM

NEON MERCURY

there's gotta be one..

today's topic  RICH GIRLS

i haven't/couldnnn't watch all of it but ..is the premise of this show is to sit  down on your couch and  watch two annnnnnoying girl s shop arounnng talk about "dreamy" guys annd show offf the amount of monnney they have.....

has anyone seen this ???????

aclockworkjj

i used to watch "the real world" religiously.....anyone remember Puck?...that guy ruled!!!!!

MTV, i am now outta the loop, but Banky keeps me up to date...I love him for it.

NEON MERCURY

..i used to watch it all the time then i stop for the lonnngest time then onnce the las vegas one aired i watched that on ealot..and i watch th paris onne also....

puck was wild man..

whats also funnny is watching that nnewlyweds show  about nnnick lacheyt(98 degrees) and jessica simpsom.....i nnever heard so manny question asked before..he must get annnnoyed all the time....damnn, everything he asks her to do she responds, "umm, (giggle, giggle) honey do what nnow???.. Oh,  i donn't like unnnderstand (giggle, giggle, ) how to do it..""......seriouisly its questioon after question.....

Stefen

MTV is the only channel that shows commercials longer than they do shows. Their commercial breaks are literally 5 minutes long.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pedro

freakerdude

One thing it is not.....a music video channel. If you don't have MTV2, you're basically screwed. I once had MTVX (I think) for a few months before my cable dropped it of the line up. Nothing but pure heavy metal, hard rock, alternative type videos.

Is MTVX still around or did MTV drop it?
MC Pee Pants

Stefen

Quote from: freakerdudeOne thing it is not.....a music video channel. If you don't have MTV2, you're basically screwed. I once had MTVX (I think) for a few months before my cable dropped it of the line up. Nothing but pure heavy metal, hard rock, alternative type videos.

Is MTVX still around or did MTV drop it?

I've never even heard of MTVX. Sounds great. MTV2 used to be good, but now they just play whatever teeny bopper, good charlotte, linkin park, 50 cent music that they would play on MTV if they played music videos.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

freakerdude

just found this:

musicNEWS:  MTV Dis(miss)es Rock in Favor of Hip-hop
05-09-02 antiGUY

At a time when MTV is receiving their highest ratings ever, thanks to the Godfather of Heavy Metal, Ozzy Osbourne, the music network has made the controversial decision to replace their all hard rock and metal cable channel, MTVx with an all hip-hop channel called MTV Jams.  

When MTVx hit the airwaves a couple of years ago, rock fans lucky enough to have the station on their local cable lineups were overjoyed because many felt that MTV had long ago relegated rock programming to the back of the line behind pop and hip-hop on their flagship station MTV.  With the demise of MTVx, hard rock fans now have nowhere to turn for coverage of their favorite music. While pop and hip-hop have ample coverage on various cable stations like MTV, MTV2, BET, MuchMusic USA and now MTV Jams, rock is presented as something of an afterthought.  

This change was part of a new "digital cable" package of stations MTV Networks launched earlier this month that also includes MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Nicktoons TV and VH1 Mega Hits.  

When asked why MTVx was replaced by MTV Jams, MTV's president of affiliate sales and marketing Nicole Browning told Variety that MTVx was "too much of an alternative music head-banger" for cable operators and for many of MTV's digital subscribers.

In total MTV Networks delivers 13 digital stations, which also includes VH1 Classic, Noggin, Nickelodeon Games & Sports and MTV2.
MC Pee Pants

aclockworkjj

Stefen

Thats totally crappy. And you know they won't play the good hip hop, just the um not good hip hop.

freakerdude

If anyone gives a shit, there is an online petition with about 16,000 signatures. I doubt it will do any good. I am sig #15,891....woop-itee fuckin doo!

http://www.petitiononline.com/mtvx2002/petition.html
MC Pee Pants

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

aclockworkjj

you know, i must admit i saw maybe one or 2 episodes of Punked.  I was laughin' so hard watching Justin Timberdinker cry over them smashing his guitar and such....

...that was hilarious!!!

Duck Sauce

I still watch MTV, im not trying to be one of those people who claim its lame and cliche to watch MTV (which is cliche in itself). Ill watch the Real World or rich girls but thats about it.

Kal

The best stuff on MTV always was BEAVIS AND BUTTEHEAD, and TOM GREEN... now it all sucks... all those fucking reality shows...