The Sopranos

Started by SoNowThen, November 19, 2003, 02:34:59 PM

El Duderino

Quote from: Bruce Leewhat season is the episode when Tony's nephew and this other guy try and bury this russian comando guy, and get lost in the woods freezing their happy sacks off?
its by far the best one out off all that i've seen.

3rd season, it's called "pine barrens" it's the one directed by steve buscemi.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: NEON MERCURY...... :oops: ..........i have actaully never seen an episode.......

i'm a six feet under kind of guy.and NO!!, i'm not ghey.......... :nono:

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!!!!! Since when is it gay to watch Six Feet Under? Well, I guess if I also like The Sopranos I'm not 100% gay, so I can be in peace... right?
Si

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaum
Quote from: NEON MERCURY...... :oops: ..........i have actaully never seen an episode.......

i'm a six feet under kind of guy.and NO!!, i'm not ghey.......... :nono:

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!!!!! Since when is it gay to watch Six Feet Under? Well, I guess if I also like The Sopranos I'm not 100% gay, so I can be in peace... right?

EKOJ A SAW TI

* to decode this message, turn around in your chair and hold a mirror in front of your face and look at your monitor through the mirror... :lookatthis:

bonanzataz

i like this season a lot. they balance the drama of the family and the crime family very nicely.

SPOILERS
looks like i called steve buscemi's fate. that was no big surprise. what do all of you think about carmela and tony doing it in the pool?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

El Duderino

AHH! SPOLIERS!! LABEL SPOILERS!!! NOW I KNOW HOW MAC FEELS!!

bonanzataz

Quote from: El DuderinoAHH! SPOLIERS!! LABEL SPOILERS!!! NOW I KNOW HOW MAC FEELS!!

come on, man. it aired on sunday.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

El Duderino

Quote from: bonanzataz
Quote from: El DuderinoAHH! SPOLIERS!! LABEL SPOILERS!!! NOW I KNOW HOW MAC FEELS!!

come on, man. it aired on sunday.

i know, i know, but i didnt see it.

SoNowThen

Spoilers (for 4th season, if you're like me and have to wait to see it on dvd)

I just finished the last episode. I think this was my favorite season. I just wanted to take a moment and worship at the altar of Edie Falco. She's consistently brilliant on this show, but peaked with this last episode. What she did with her hysteria and crying -- in a scene that could have fallen into gross cliche -- was incredible. All the frustration built up over the entire run of this show, she captured it all and let it out in that scene, without heavy melodrama, just enough. Just perfect.

So here's to Edie.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Dirk

One of the best episodes last Sunday. Holy shit.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Fernando

***#4 contains SPOILERS***

The Top Ten Things Never Before Said on the Sopranos

10. Dominic Chianese (Junior) "You don't have the money? That's cool"

9. Aida Turturo (Janis) "Screw this home cooking. I'm going to the Olive Garden"

8. Steven Van Zandt (Silvio) "In addition to disposing of bodies, you'll need to know how to use Powerpoint and Excel"

7. Robert Iler (AJ) Looks over at Van Zandt "Wasn't that the guy from Springsteen's E Street band?"

6. Jamie Lynn Discala (Meadow) "I just hooked up an illegal cable box and now I'm getting free HBO"

5. Tony Sirico (Paulie) "Tony, I'm gonna need to leave early today for Rosh Hashanah"

4. Drea de Mateo (Adrianna) "I want a bigger part -- what are you gonna do, kill my character?"

3. Michael Imperioli (Christopher) "Hey Paulie, how about you and me going up to Massachusetts and getting married?"

2. Edie Falco (Carmela) "I can't go to prison -- Martha Stewart will eat me alive"

1. James Gandolphini (Tony) "I just whacked myself"

Clip here.

Pubrick

Quote from: Fernando***#4 contains SPOILERS***.
i did not know that. and i saw the top ten without thinking much of it.. the real spoiler is that warning, cos otherwise it's just a meaningless joke that could be said by anyone (that's how i took it).

oh well.

excuse me while i get sumthing out of my system.....

F****************************************CK

i guess we're a couple of weeks behind.
under the paving stones.

El Duderino

for those of you on the west, gandolfini is on inside the actor's studio tonight.   8)

Thrindle

I used to watch this religiously with an ex boyfriend (he had HBO).  So now, it's on Sunday nights and they are showing the season where Ralphy gets whacked.  I've seen it.  THis makes me so sad.

I love the Sopranos, I just want them back!!!   :?  :roll:  :shock:  :oops:  :cry:  :(
Classic.

MacGuffin

'Sopranos' Could Return for Seventh Season

The Sopranos creator David Chase has hinted that the show could return for a seventh season. Interviewed at a New York forum by the New Yorker's Ken Auletta, Chase indicated that, given the right offer from HBO, he might be willing to alter the storyline for the final episodes of the sixth season -- which is currently being shot -- in order to set up a seventh. "We wouldn't have to change anything important," Chase remarked. On the other hand, he added, "It's just a question of whether the story works out creatively in six seasons, which I think it will."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

'Sopranos' may extend final run

The upcoming season of "The Sopranos" might well be a whopper, at least in terms of the number of episodes. Sources said series creator/executive producer David Chase is close to finalizing a pact with HBO to produce as many as 10 additional episodes for the upcoming sixth season, set to bow in March. Sources said the tentative game plan is for HBO to stretch out the mob drama's swan-song season over many months, much as it did with the final batch of "Sex and the City" episodes by running a batch of 12 from June-September 2003 and the final eight in January-February 2004. It's understood that the "Sopranos" cast and crew went into the sixth season, which recently began production on the East Coast, expecting to film at least 10 but no more than 13 episodes for Season 6. Details were sketchy late Tuesday, but sources said that Chase was close to signing on to produce at least seven more installments of the Emmy-winning series. Of course, when it comes to long-term planning for "Sopranos," the other X factor is the wishes of star James Gandolfini. It was unclear late Tuesday whether the extended-season plan would trigger new contract negotiations for Gandolfini, who set a new salary benchmark for actors toiling in the cable realm with his last contract renegotiation. Reps for HBO and Chase declined comment on the matter Wednesday.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks