Schindler's List on DVD?

Started by life_boy, January 09, 2003, 01:50:43 AM

life_boy

Does anyone have an idea of when Schindler's List might be available on DVD.  I would assume with this year being the 10th anniversary of the film (released in 1993) that maybe a special edition is in order sometime this year.  These are just my speculations, though.  I was just curious if anyone has caught wind of any Schindler's List DVD talks.  Thanks.

MacGuffin

Don't bet on anytime soon. Spielberg is still working on this:

Sick of waiting for the Indiana Jones trilogy to finally be released on DVD? Well, you might not have to wait much longer...er, sorta. Indy helmer Steven Spielberg recently spoke with the Wall Street Journal about his upcoming projects, including the long-in-development Indiana Jones 4, as well as the original trilogy on DVD.

"We're aiming for next fall [2003]." Spielberg was quoted as saying. "George Lucas and I are having an argument with Paramount. Paramount wants to come out with all three movies in one package. George and I want to come out with one film at a time and then come out with all three movies, and maybe even the fourth one, in one package later."

While a Paramount spokesperson quickly followed up with a public statement that there is no argument, only that "discussions are ongoing."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

life_boy

Redlum

I've been seeing loads of copies, all over EBAY.co.uk recently. I dont think they were dodgy copies ut I dont think they were legit either.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

ProgWRX

QuoteGeorge and I want to come out with one film at a time and then come out with all three movies, and maybe even the fourth one, in one package later."
[/b]

Translation :

George and I want you to pay for the movies twice, by probably sticking some extra BS on the "one special package" later on so you end up the first three indiana jones movies twice"
-Carlos

life_boy

At least they're planning on putting the original Indy's on DVD.  Not some shit-computer-animated-Jar-Jar-Binks-ridden-"special"-edition DVD set with added computer animated scenes featuring a coyote attack and the lost Indy yodelling number.  Or maybe I'm just bitter towards George.

ProgWRX

agreed, what he is doing with the original trilogy is disgusting
-Carlos

abbey road

yea- but wut about schindelr's list?
"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"
"you are what you love, not what loves you"
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"

MacGuffin

From The Digital Bits:

We've been told by sources that Universal's Schindler's List is on tap for 2004.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

really though, why would you want to buy this? it was one of the most powerful films i've ever seen, but because of that, i couldn't imagine seeing this film again, let alone purchasing it and feeling obligated to watch it more than once to get my dollar's worth.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

bonanzataz

Quote from: MrBurgerKingI'm with you, nerd-man. I didn't like it at all either. Subtle isn't in Spielberg's dictionary.

no no, i didn't mean it's a bad movie. it's an amazing movie but i could never sit through it again because it's way too sad.

and i love mcdonalds.

actually, everytime i eat there it makes me sick, but it's closer than wendy's, so...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

Quote from: MrBurgerKingI was standing in line at the Wendys

you went to Wendys? doesnt that go against everything you stand for?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MrBurgerKing

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: MrBurgerKingI was standing in line at the Wendys

you went to Wendys? doesnt that go against everything you stand for?

Wendys is a great place. I still enjoy their square cheeseburgers (although I don't understand that gimmick). Of course Burger King is the definitive fast food place, but I once read in an article that if you eat the same food 3-4 days in a row for a major meal, you'll get sick of it. I love Burger King, but you really have to juggle between what you love.

Same reason why I don't watch these PTA flicks very often, I want them to remain fresh. That's why I juggle in some other great movies in between. Yep, I'm single.

Nerd-man, who's that guy in your avatar? I hope it's not you, but if it is, your McDonalds comment isn't surprising.

bonanzataz

blasphemy! that's buddy holly!

Duck Sauce

MrBurgerKing, what are your views on Mayor McCheeses political policy?