(Wes Anderson) First pics from the "Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou&quo

Started by Spike, November 06, 2003, 02:24:50 PM

Spike

"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

coffeebeetle

more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ElPandaRoyal

Si

meatwad

is that jason schwartzman sitting next to bill?

and is that wes with the long hair?

damn, things are getting weird

Alethia

Redlum

Excellent. Thanks!

Is that Owen Wilson (aka Ned Plimpton) in the blue suit.

I dont think that's Schwartzman, looks too old. Does have a Max Fischer look and pose though.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

modage

well, he's not in the movie so it shouldnt be him.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Spike

I don't think it's Schwartzman - too old. And he also isn't on the cast list.
And yes, it is Owen in the blue suit.
But Wes really changed - without glasses and with long hair.
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

meatball

Nice!  :-D

I thought Beck was on the set, but apparently that's Wes?  :shock:

modage

spike you were on the ball!  those pics just went up at aicn and coming soon today.  shit, xixax on top of things like 2 weeks before everyone else.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ernie

Quote from: themodernage02spike you were on the ball!  those pics just went up at aicn and coming soon today.  shit, xixax on top of things like 2 weeks before everyone else.

Lol, so true...I think we even had them before wesanderson.org which is kinda sad.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

The Dude Next to Bill Murray:

Bud Cort, anyone??

mmmmmmaybe.....Wes likes to/can make people a little more unfamiliar

cowboykurtis

thats kind of scary -- that looks nothing like wes.
...your excuses are your own...

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

man, if I was a 'hip young' writer/director like Wes Anderson, I wouldn't want to stick to that fashionably nebbish look forever. I'm diggin' the big 'strokes' hair.