Songs Currently Stuck In Head

Started by Lucinda Bryte, October 22, 2003, 03:45:29 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Lottery

Both were kinda lame but the original was rather bad.

I had Anaconda stuck in my head for a while afer I heard it. Not a pleasant time. Very catchy unfortunately.

Reel

That 'Fancy' song was TORTURE over the summer. Just the chorus, none of Iggy's parts. I can't stand her.

Yesterday this was stuck in my head from the moment I woke up to when I got out of work. I couldn't stop singing it. I like Beardo's voice and nerdiness and how he looks like he totally doesn't belong in rap, but goddamn it he's trying. You guys will probably hate it just based on the chorus and the quality of this video. Maybe you'll find something funny in it, doesn't really matter. The point is: it was stuck in my head.

polkablues

Quote from: Reelist on October 20, 2014, 06:27:45 AM
That 'Fancy' song was TORTURE over the summer. Just the chorus, none of Iggy's parts. I can't stand her.

I actually really like Charli XCX apart from that song. I get "Boom Clap" stuck in my head a lot these days.

My house, my rules, my coffee

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

jenkins

hozier is a bit like a pop version of bon iver

justin vernon, while feeling emotional with a breakup from a girlfriend, went into the woods and recorded for emma, forever ago, which became massively popular

andrew hozier-byrne, while feeling emotions from a breakup with his boyfriend, went into his parents' attic and recorded take me to church, which became massively popular

i believe these are good examples of music, and i think part of why they work is they're examples of emotional music, and it's like ok you can be born to play the piano, but also you can be born to be emotional

this is my favorite quote from the wiki page where i learned my hozier facts:
"I found the experience of falling in love or being in love was a death, a death of everything. You kind of watch yourself die in a wonderful way, and you experience for the briefest moment – if you see yourself for a moment through their eyes – everything you believed about yourself gone. In a death-and-rebirth sense."

this is the music video to the song that made the song a big deal, and big fucking deal with triple-digit-millions of people and everything, this is today's pop music, highly likely you've heard this song, i've heard this song enough number of times that i should be over it, but i'm not, and even when i get over the song i'll find myself returning to it and feeling emotional again because duh

[reminder section:

five years ago, well i'll be]

Reel

I was introduced to this through the "Lost Highway" soundtrack that I own, which is a movie I've only seen once for reasons unbeknownst to me. It has a very strong Halloween vibe and of course my favorite part is how it goes "OOOooooooooooHHHHHhhhhhhh....."  I know that some of you are hardcore Manson fans here (03) does he have other songs like this?

Axolotl

cronopio2

HEATHCLIFF, IT'S MY YOUR CATHY
COME HOME, I'M SO CO OOOH OH OH OO OO LD

LET ME IN A YOUR WINDO OHO HO HO OOOUUUOOWW

Jeremy Blackman

I was obsessed with that song for solid week when I heard it the first time.

There has yet to be a really great cover. Huge opportunity.

Good book, too.

Jeremy Blackman

For no reason at all, this song from 2007 has been stuck in my head for several months, with my brain making its own variations. But it's there, and it will not leave.

Rooty Poots

This song's been in pretty heavy rotation for me this Pride month.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco