Pulp Ficion knockoff?

Started by prophet, October 19, 2003, 12:07:35 PM

pete

oh, roger ebert, I remember for a while, wouldn't talk about this movie titled "Thursday" that he claimed was like a racist QT wanna be movie.  Anyone seen it?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

ono

I think this is the film, but I can't find Ebert talking about it anywhere.  (It's awfully hard to search for Ebert talking about a film called Thursday when it's also the name of a day.  Heh.)

Weak2ndAct

Oh god, I did see 'Thursday'.  It's a fucking abomination.  Yeah, it played in Toronto(?) one year and Ebert went after the director during the Q&A.  Skip Woods, the guy who did it, ended up getting a blind two-script writing deal at WB.  Result: Swordfish (I admit, tremendous guilty pleasure), and almost a remake of Logan's Run, which thankfully never got made.

Cecil

i saw it too. yes, its bad

Pozer

Weird, I just caught this Thomas Jane, cliched piece of crap flick on cable last night. Spanked it to the scene where the chick rides him while he's tied up to the chair, then turned it off.

Banky

ReelHotGames

Say what you will about "Thursday" but it does have Paulina Porizkova raping Thomas Jane, that's got to be worth the price of admission. It really does try to be a flip "Pulp" type tale told an what had to be a $10 budget. Shooting almost entirely in what had to be Skip Woods house. It was only worth watching because you have Thomas Jane and Aaron Eckhart in the same film, finally proving they aren't the same person.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm