Xixax.com says: 'Hey! Let's all watch some Donnie Darko'

Started by picolas, September 04, 2003, 06:30:58 PM

picolas

:!:

A heads-up: For the next Xixax Home Film Festival (of One), we'll be sitting down to visit our good friend Donnie Darko.

Date: Sunday, September 14th.

Time: 9:00pm (central time)

i leave you now with a re-run of our other explanitory thread, already in progress..

:arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:

QUESTIONS:
• I don't have (film name). Can I still participate? If you don't have the movie we're going to watch, there's probably still time for you to purchase, rent or borrow it. Everyone is welcome, whether you're watching the film with us or not.
• I don't understand. Are you watching the movies online? No. That would be public exhibition, which would be illegal. The way it works is that everyone watches DVD or VHS of the films in their own home, on their own TV, in their own DVD player or VCR. The films can't be shown online legally.
• You're a freak. Why are you doing this? Because someone at xixax.com suggested it, and I thought it would be a lot of fun.
• I still think you're a freak. OK then.

CHAT TECHNICAL STUFF: The chat area can be joined with our Java applet by clicking on "chat" at the top of the page. You'll need to have Java enabled in your web browser in order for this to work. Also, if you're behind a firewall, you may need to poke a hole for port 6667 in order to connect. Those familiar with IRC can join via any IRC client program by joing to room #xixax on server blazoner.com at port 6667.

See you there!

pete

they've been playing that movie every weekend in boston since april.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

ono

Excited 'cause this is one of my favorite movies, not-so-excited because Conan O'Brien's 10th Anniversary Special is on that night as well.  So yeah, torn and stuff.

modage

Quote from: petethey've been playing that movie every weekend in boston since april.

and in nyc and wash dc at midnite on fridays and saturdays.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gold Trumpet

The banner is nice. Maggie Gyllenhaal, in the movie, is nicer.

~rougerum

Jeremy Blackman

I'll be there. I just hope it's not one of those insanely scratched-up Netflix DVDs.

phil marlowe

i think i'll be there. i'll be starting at 5in the morning and catching the bus to school arounf the end of the film.

aclockworkjj

*tucks away a little nugget fo safe keepin'*

Ok, I am in.  Let's do this shit pta-a-thon style, as I had fun those 4 nights in june...ya'll heard me?

Reed Rothchild

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetThe banner is nice. Maggie Gyllenhaal, in the movie, is nicer.

~rougerum

with the black wig shes super hot!
You know, people tell me I kind of look like Han Solo.

DVD Collection

Derek237

Sunday Sept. 14? That's Conan O'Brien's 10th Anniversary special! I wouldn't miss it for the world! Especially since I never cared for DD anyway....

But if there's ever a festival for any Martin Scorsese, Oliver Stone, or Stanley Kubrick films, I'll be there.  :-D

snaporaz

i'm getting a little anxious. i was away from xixax during the pta fest, so i'm looking forward to this one.

Banky

Finn

This is gonna be awesome! I'm really looking forward to it.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

aclockworkjj

feel free to hop in early for pre-show festivites...gates are always open.

Weak2ndAct

I'd probably be in on this tonight, 'cept for I lent the dvd to a jackass a couple weeks ago and still haven't gotten it back.