5 of the best cartoons ever coming to DVD

Started by ShanghaiOrange, July 29, 2003, 10:17:25 PM

modage

Title: Futurama: Season Three
Starring: N/A (Animation)
Released: 9th March 2004
SRP: $49.98

Further Details
20th Century Fox Home Entertainment have kindly sent over some details on the upcoming region one release of Futurama: Season Three which will be arriving early next year. This feature packed four disc release will be available to own from the 9th March and should set you back around $49.98 in total. I'm afraid the artwork is currently unavailable, but we've attached the disc specs for you below:

-1.33:1 Full Screen Transfers
-English Dolby Digital 2.0 Track
-French Dolby Digital 2.0 Track
-Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0 Track
-Audio Commentary on all 22 Episodes
-Seventeen Deleted Scenes
-Storyboard Images for "Parasites Lost"
-Two "How To Draw Characters" Galleries
-Animatic For "Anthology of Interest Part II"
-Alternate Animation Commentary For "Roswell That Ends Well"
-Nine "3D Models From Rough Draft" Sequences
-International Clip Approx 1:46
-Eighty Static Images
-Three Eastereggs
-English Subtitles
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Awesome. I really wish there was a brak show dvd.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

meatwad

Quote from: StefenAwesome. I really wish there was a brak show dvd.

i hear that is coming soon, along with another season of space ghost

Stefen

Quote from: MEAT wad
Quote from: StefenAwesome. I really wish there was a brak show dvd.

i hear that is coming soon, along with another season of space ghost

I've heard that they are releasing Harvey Birdman and Sealab, then the next season of spaceghost. Haven't heard anything about the Brak Show release or if there is plans for one. Brak Show to me remains the reason I watch adult swim.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

Just announced from Warner Home Video are two long-awaited seasons collections of two classic animated series and the first in Warner's new Hanna-Barbera Collection, The Flintstones: The Complete First Season and Scooby-Doo Where Are You?: The Complete First & Second Seasons. Each will hit DVD on March 16th and include plenty of extras. The Flintstones will be a four-disc set that includes 28 episodes remastered in 4:3 full screen and mono, plus the original pilot "The Flagstones," two featurettes and vintage TV spots. The Mystery, Inc., five-some also gets a four-disc featuring all 25 episodes from the first and second seasons, each remastered in 4:3 full screen and mono, plus two featurettes, music videos and an interactive game. Retail will be $64.95 a pop.

Quote from: CinephileJust announced from Warner Home Video are two long-awaited seasons collections of two classic animated series and the first in Warner's new Hanna-Barbera Collection, The Flintstones: The Complete First Season and Scooby-Doo Where Are You?: The Complete First & Second Seasons. Each will hit DVD on March 16th and include plenty of extras. The Flintstones will be a four-disc set that includes 28 episodes remastered in 4:3 full screen and mono, plus the original pilot "The Flagstones," two featurettes and vintage TV spots. The Mystery, Inc., five-some also gets a four-disc featuring all 25 episodes from the first and second seasons, each remastered in 4:3 full screen and mono, plus two featurettes, music videos and an interactive game. Retail will be $64.95 a pop.
yabba dabba doo!!

btw, has anyone seen the Scooby Doo reference in Family Guy where the whole mystery gang (or however they're called)   are watching a dead body and talking about the killer and Freddy says "Yes Vilma, we're dealing with one sick sonofabitch"
context, context, context.

Pubrick

Quote from: chuckhimselfobtw, has anyone seen the Scooby Doo reference in Family Guy where the whole mystery gang (or however they're called)   are watching a dead body and talking about the killer and Freddy says "Yes Vilma, we're dealing with one sick sonofabitch"
yeah, it was stupit.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Fox Home Entertainment have announced season four of The Simpsons which will be arriving in shops this coming June. This four disc collection will include all twenty-two episodes of the show, each of which will be presented in 1.33:1 full screen along with English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround, Spanish Dolby Surround and French Dolby Surround Sound tracks. Extras will include an audio commentary on each episode, an introduction by Matt Groening, a voiceover featurette with James L. Brooks, animatics, an Animation Showcase multi-angle feature, commercials, deleted scenes and more. The set will be available to own from the 15th June this year, and should retail at around $49.98.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

OH SHIT

... these... are ... tears of joy

Pubrick

yes now we're getting to the good shit.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

I don't know if I can wait that long.

Fuck!!!

Marge Vs. The Monorail!!!
I love Lisa!
Duffless!
The Front!
Whacking Day!

And the best thing about Season 4 coming out is that we're that much closer to Season 5!

©brad

hahah, member when homer and mel gibson screen their version of mr. smith goes to washington, and it begins with that clock that counts down to start the movie, and homer goes "here comes 2!" ahahhah. may be one of the 5 funniest random simpsons moments ever for meee.

i thought of that b/c we're all like "yeah! season 4 is coming. and here comes season 5!" anyone see that connection there? anyone?

i'll just sign off now. bye bye.  :waving:

Ravi

Quote from: C:\BRADhahah, member when homer and mel gibson screen their version of mr. smith goes to washington, and it begins with that clock that counts down to start the movie, and homer goes "here comes 2!" ahahhah. may be one of the 5 funniest random simpsons moments ever for meee.

It's a stupid episode, but kind of funny.

"We just ran over a dummy!"
"I know, but he sells tickets!"

Pubrick

the best part of that episode was the dog with the shady eyes.

anyway, back to the amazing thing that is season 4. it's the first season where every episode has grand stylistic endeavors, and soOO many classic moments. i'm cracking up just thinking about the badly dubbed "Mr Black" in Kamp Krusty, Homer the Heretic, let's relive sum of those moments shall we..

Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked'' guy. He had long
hair and some wild ideas. He didn't always do what other people thought
was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is... I forget
that, too. Marge, you know who I'm talking about.  He used to drive that blue car?

We hav waited for this day.

and Itchy & Scratchy the Movie, Last Exit to Springfield! my god, this is the pinnacle of brilliance.. and it only got better the next 4 years.

and the SONGS in these episodes, from "Hail to thee Kamp Krusty", "A Streetcar Named Marge", the monorail song,

When i was 17,

just incredible.. leading up to the first blockbuster season finale..

Krusty Gets Kancelled

johnny carson lifts a 1987 Buick Skylark over his head,
while singing the "Love is a rebellious bird" part from Carmen

tell me, who, WHO is gonna forget that?

u should all be hugging ur TVs.
under the paving stones.

Ravi

"Hail to thee Kamp Krusteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

ARegisteredTrademarkOfTheKrustyCorporation, all rights reeeseeeeeeeeeeerrrrvvvveed!"