5 of the best cartoons ever coming to DVD

Started by ShanghaiOrange, July 29, 2003, 10:17:25 PM

ShanghaiOrange

OK, listen:

The 1st season of Rocky and Bullwinkle comes out August 5th.

A collection of some of the best Looney Tunes comes out at some point. This includes Duck Dodgers and Duck Amuck, two of the best creations of man ever. :(

Space Ghost: Coast to Coast and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, two of the greatest TV shows ever, come out on November 18.

And the Critic is coming out at some point, too. :(

Also:

Simpsons: 3rd Season comes out August 26th.

Futurama: 2nd Season comes out August 12th.

Family Guy: Volume 2 comes out September 9th.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

ono

What's your source?

The Critic and Rocky and Bullwinkle?!  That's so great!  :(

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: themodernage02i've had the Rocky And Bullwinkle marked on my calender for months...
well why didn't u tell us about it!!!

that's very unethical of u.
under the paving stones.

puddnanners

I need august 26th to get here pronto because of the release of many quality DVDs but escpecially the Simpsons Season 3.  In the past year, my faith in the Simpsons has reached an all time low, because this season's episodes are pure garbage compared to the previous seasons and when compared to other quality shows like south park and curb your enthusiasm, AND because I live in the only city in the world that doesn't show the simpsons in syndication, so I haven't seen a good episode since i watched my season two DVD many many moons ago (on a side note, my friend, who spent the last year in Malta, the third smallest country in the world, an Island just south of Italy, got to see TWO SIMPSONS A DAY on Maltease television! and i saw ZERO PER DAY!)  Also, Aqua Teen on DVD means Aqua Teen marathon which equals AWESOME!  Additionally, the Critic on DVD is like a dream come true in DVD form.  Furthermore, August 26th is Mr Show season three (which is a great thing)

modage

Quote from: Pwell why didn't u tell us about it!!!

sorry, i forgot about my responsibilities here.  perhaps i found out about it pre-xixax.com (the dark ages), and didnt think to post the news here.  i have 17 VHS tapes they have released of random episodes, that are due to be upgraded to the complete seasons (so you can actually follow the storyline), and i CANT WAIT.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

jokerspath

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeA collection of some of the best Looney Tunes comes out at some point. This includes Duck Dodgers and Duck Amuck, two of the best creations of man ever.
This will surely be heaven...

QuoteSpace Ghost: Coast to Coast and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, two of the greatest TV shows ever, come out on November 18..
I'll also be picking this up...

QuoteAnd the Critic is coming out at some point, too..
WHERE is this written?  I'd love for this to be true, but I ain't heard a damn thing about it...

QuoteAlso:Simpsons: 3rd Season comes out August 26th.
Best show all time.

QuoteFuturama: 2nd Season comes out August 12th.
I guess I'll give this show another shot.

QuoteFamily Guy: Volume 2 comes out September 9th.
Thank heavens...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

MacGuffin

COMPLETE DETAILS of the LOONEY TUNES DVDs! Here they come! October 28th is the street date. $64.92 is the suggested retail price (but you will be able to get a deal on Amazon.com and at other outlets). An all-new collection of 56 Looney Tunes classic cartoons, digitally re-mastered on DVD and packed with special features!

Four discs are contained in the first wave - entitled "The Looney Tunes Golden Collection" - each cartoon has been brilliantly restored and re-mastered to its original, uncut, anvil-dropping glory!

Disc #1
14 remastered Bugs Bunny cartoons including:
• a special opening greeting from Chuck Jones;
• Audio track commentaries on these cartoons:
RABBIT SEASONING (Mike Barrier & audio from his rare interviews with animators), LONG HAIRED HARE (Mike Barrier), HIGH DIVING HARE (Greg Ford), BULLY FOR BUGS (Mike Barrier), WHAT'S UP DOC? (Greg Ford), RABBIT'S KIN (Stan Freberg), BIG TOP BUNNY (Mike Barrier), WABBIT TWOUBLE (Mike Barrier);
• separate music tracks for RABBIT SEASONING, WHAT'S UP DOC? and RABBIT'S KIN
• Featurettes on Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam, and Elmer Fudd with exclusive interviews;
• THE BOYS FROM TERMITE TERRACE part 1 (rare John Canemaker documentary);
• animated sequences from MY DREAM IS YOURS and TWO GUYS FROM TEXAS
• THE BUGS BUNNY SHOW bonus materials: Bridging sequences from episode #1648 "A Star Is Bored"; Mel Blanc recording session from episode #1639 "The Astro-Nuts"
• Bonus shorts:
FIFTY YEARS OF BUGS BUNNY IN 3 1/2 MINUTES (1989 short)
BLOOPER BUNNY (1991) with commentary by Greg Ford
• A gallery including Lobby Cards, photgraphs, music cue sheets and original dialogue transcripts.
•Trailers from 1950s theatrical compilation shows: BUGS BUNNY'S CARTOON FESTIVAL and BUGS BUNNY'S CARTOON JAMBOREE

Disc #2
14 remastered Porky and Daffy cartoons, including
• Audio track commentaries on DUCK AMUCK, DRIP-ALONG DAFFY, THE SCARLET PUMPERNICKLE, WEARING OF THE GRIN, and DUCK DODGERS by Mike Barrier using his exclusive interview audio with classic animators.
• Separate music tracks for DUCK AMUCK, DRIP-ALONG DAFFY,THE SCARLET PUMPERNICKLE and RABBIT FIRE.
• Bonus featurettes on MARVIN MARTIAN, Porky Pig, and DAFFY DUCK
• THE BOYS FROM TERMITE TERRACE part 2
• A gallery including Lobby Cards, photgraphs, music cue sheets and original dialogue transcripts.

Disc #3
Premiere Collection Vol. 1 includes 14 remastered Looney Tunes, including
• Audio track commentaries compiled by Michael Barrier for FAST & FURRY-OUS, HAIR RAISING HARE, HAREDEVIL HARE, FOR SCENT-I-MENTAL REASONS and BUGS BUNNY GETS THE BOID; FEED THE KITTY (commentary by Greg Ford), BUGS BUNNY AND THE THREE BEARS (Commentary by Stan Freberg).
• Separate music tracks for BATON BUNNY and FEED THE KITTY
• Featurettes on the ROAD RUNNER, MEL BLANC and CARL STALLING
• TOONHEADS: THE LOST CARTOONS
• Original storyboards for HAIR RAISING HARE and THE HYPO-CHRONDRI-CAT

Disc #4
Premiere Collection Vol. 2 includes 14 remastered Looney Tunes including:
• Audio track commentaries compiled by Michael Barrier for TWEETY'S S.O.S. and THE FOGHORN LEGHORN and commentaries by Jerry Beck on CANARY ROW, DEVIL MAY HARE, CANNED FEUD and SPEEDY GONZALES
• Separate music tracks for PUTTY TAT TWOUBLE, BROKEN LEGHORN, and SPEEDY GONZALES.
• Featurettes on SPEEDY GONZALES, FRIZ FRELENG AND TWEETY & SYLVESTER, and ROBERT McKIMSON AND FOGHORN LEGHORN.
• Bonus all-new 50 minute documentary "Irreverent Imagination: The Golden Age Of Looney Tunes" narrated by Stan Freberg.
• The complete "BOSKO THE TALK-INK KID" pilot
• Virgil Ross pencil tests

...and this is only the first wave.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

Thank you thank you thank you Lord!!!!!!!!!!
Finally. Happy happy time.

I hope "The CRUSH-AHHHH!!!!" wrestling one is there. And of course the Bunny Of Seville    :-D

ANybody hear when South Park Season 3 comes out?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

MacGuffin

USA Today has reported that The Critic DVD is in the works!  Click here to read the entire article which contained the following information.

While many beloved series have found a new home on DVD and on viewers' shelves, a few holdouts such as Seinfeld and Northern Exposure remain — but not for long. DVD releases are in the works for both series. They are among the most requested DVDs on Amazon.com. Also in the works: Jon Lovitz's animated The Critic, King of Queens and Barney Miller.

Al Jean (series creator) also leaked this info two months ago but I was not allowed to say anything.  I guess since this report came out it's ok for me to say that this IS official and confirmed to be worked on very soon.

Quote from: SoNowThenANybody hear when South Park Season 3 comes out?

According to tvshowsondvd.com, A tentative date of December 16th has been set for the third season of South Park. Just in time for Christmas, whoo hoo! Of course as you can all see, the date is subject to change. Hopefully it will be out just in time for the Holidays.

Volume 1: Space Ghost Coast-To-Coast
Features 16 episodes and lots of special features on a 2-disc special edition set.
English language, with Eng/Fr/Sp subtitles and CC
$29.98 SRP
Street Date 11/18/03

Volume 2: Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Features 16 episodes and lots of special features on a 2-disc special edition set.
English language, with Eng/Fr/Sp subtitles and CC
$29.98 SRP
Street Date 11/18/03

All information is tentative, and subject to change. But independant sources confirm that a huge marketing campaign is in-the-works pushing the November 18th date, so that's about as firm as you can get.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Raikus

Fuck it. Fuck it all. It all means nothing until I finally get my Tick DVD's.

When Lord? When?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Pwaybloe

This is some pretty stellar news, dudes!  I am so stoked!  Pizza dude!

Anyway, I'm in the same boat with Raikus about "The Tick."  Pretty funny show:

Guy in restaurant:  Ticks suck blood.  Do you suck blood?
Tick: Uh, yeah.  I suck blood all the time.
Guy in restaurant: Yeah, right.
Tick: Look! I got a straw right here, pal, you want a demonstration?

MacGuffin

Quote from: RaikusFuck it. Fuck it all. It all means nothing until I finally get my Tick DVD's.

When Lord? When?

Quote from: PawbloeI'm in the same boat with Raikus about "The Tick."

http://www.petitiononline.com/dvdtick/petition.html

Skeleton FilmWorks

ShanghaiOrange

The Tick Live Action show is getting a complete release at some point in the near future. But the cartoon was stilll better. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Raikus

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: RaikusFuck it. Fuck it all. It all means nothing until I finally get my Tick DVD's.

When Lord? When?

Quote from: PawbloeI'm in the same boat with Raikus about "The Tick."

http://www.petitiononline.com/dvdtick/petition.html
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.