modage

he rules. he gets a topic.

-THE TERMINATOR
-ALIENS
-THE ABYSS
-TERMINATOR II: JUDGEMENT DAY
-TRUE LIES
-TITANIC
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

phil marlowe

i love all those films exept titanic wich i don't hate but thought was very very VERY long. he sertanly rules but he makes too much money to be cool.

:yabbse-sad:

phil marlowe

hahah i didn't read tremolosloths post.

Sleuth

Out of those listed films, try to pick only one.  For me it comes down to Aliens and Terminator 2  (probably Aliens, though)
I like to hug dogs

modage

Quote from: tremoloslothOut of those listed films, try to pick only one.  For me it comes down to Aliens and Terminator 2  (probably Aliens, though)

i agree.  if i HAD to rank them...

1. ALIENS
2. TERMINATOR II: JUDGEMENT DAY
3. THE ABYSS
4. THE TERMINATOR
5. TRUE LIES
6. TITANIC

he needs to get on that "next movie" deal.  that 3d documentary doesnt count.  the longer the wait, the more the anticipation (therfore, the less likely he'll be able to TOP the expectations).  which must be a slight amount of pressure, having the highest grossing movie of all time.  but he's totally kubricking out leaving 6 years (and counting) in between movies.  on a slightly confessional note, i liked TITANIC.  i only saw it ONCE ever on christmas eve morning the week it was released and it worked for me.  however, being a movie theatre employee at the time, i had no idea what i was about to embark on.  the movie would not stop playing.  for months and months it seemed like it would never end, on so many multiple screens with that SONG playing every hour in the lobby, as well as during the closing credits, (i probably heard it atleast 25 times A DAY), so the further i moved away from MY experience with seeing hte movie, the more i cannot seperate the hellish nature of its existence after LEOMANIA and having to clean up those theatres.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Derek

I can't believe its the highest grossing film of all time, tied for most Oscars and nominations, and still doesn't place on the top 250 on imdb. Something's rotten in Denmark.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

phil marlowe

Quote from: DerekSomething's rotten in Denmark.
?

modage

if 13 year old girls ruled the world...

Alethia

aliens
T2
the abyss
titanic
terminator
true lies (i think this is a rather poor movie)
pirahna part II: the spawning (hard to believe he was involved)

ShanghaiOrange

Quote from: ewardpirahna part II: the spawning (hard to believe he was involved)

Everybody's got to start somewhere.
Scorsese and Coppola made worked for Roger Corman. :(

James Cameron is good at making fun movies, and fun at making good movies.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Cecil

the terminator is my number 1

titanic... bah, first half boring, second half well made. thats it

rezzner

Quote from: Phil Marlowei love all those films exept titanic wich i don't hate but thought was very very VERY long. he sertanly rules but he makes too much money to be cool.

:yabbse-sad:

Okay, I was a good boy and searched through the other messages to be certain that nobody else had addressed it.

Where does it say that someone can't be cool because they have too much money?  And what is too much money?  The only people who complain about people having "too much" money are those who will never have it.

As for his work?  I think he's done some really impressive work.  I would personally put Aliens at the top.  Well, the Terminator was pretty damn good too.  Hard choice...
I'm going to eat your face like a chicken...

Ghostboy

My experience with Titanic is almost exactly the same as themodernage's, except that I was the one projecting it for those six months. But that first night that I saw it, before it opened...it was pretty stunning. I'd like to go back and watch it again some time. I figure it's probably on the level of Forrest Gump -- a good movie ruined by excessive public affection.

life_boy

Personally, I really enjoy The Abyss.

As for Terminator 2 and Aliens, ou have to hand it to Cameron.  He can make a kick ass sequel.  Haven't seen Piranaha 2, though.