Why Was Punch Drunk Love Pushed Back?

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, June 11, 2003, 12:43:21 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Does anybody know?  I've been really patient to get it ever since the local movie store said it was to be released on April 1st.  And yes, I heard from many people the "Must have been an April Fool's joke."  

They pushed it to the 22...then June 10th.  I went in yesterday and what do you know?  It's pushed to the 24th.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

it was pushed back to add a stirring commentary by actor jim belushi

edison

crap, they pushed it back? that sucks!!!!  :roll:

phil marlowe

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Was a regular non-special edition released?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

godardian

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobWas a regular non-special edition released?

No. The other dates were just rumors. June 24 is the "official" date.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

So why did my local movie place advertise April 1, April 22, and then June 10?

Do stores really base their sales on rumors?

Pas

modage

it was supposed to come out in bare bones version and then later when he had the time to prepare the goods, the special   version.  but since paul didnt want to rip everybody off, he told the studios to give him a little more time to do the one version the right way, and they agreed.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

sphinx

in fact, pta originally wanted just the movie to be released with no special features, later he realized that there were some things he wanted to be included which pushed the date back...an oscar screener is available, there are a few floating around e-bay from time to time, however the transfer is mediocre.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: sphinxin fact, pta originally wanted just the movie to be released with no special features, later he realized that there were some things he wanted to be included which pushed the date back...an oscar screener is available, there are a few floating around e-bay from time to time, however the transfer is mediocre.

On another note sphinx, who are all these people ^^^^^  ?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Thanks for the help, frequents of the board.