Shia LaBeouf must be stopped!

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, June 10, 2003, 05:15:01 PM

Weird. Oh

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 13, 2006, 01:26:13 AM
Rear Window for today's audience:

LaBeouf destined for 'Disturbia'

Shia LaBeouf, who most recently starred in the golf drama "The Greatest Game Ever Played," has enrolled in the thriller "Disturbia."

LaBeouf will play a troubled high school senior who is sentenced to house arrest after an outburst of anger at school. While at home, he becomes convinced that his neighbor is a serial killer.

The DreamWorks project is scheduled to begin March 29. D.J. Caruso ("Two for the Money") will direct.

LaBeouf will appear in the upcoming "A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints." He recently wrapped Emilio Estevez's Robert F. Kennedy drama "Bobby." His other credits include "Constantine" and "Holes."

Worldwide box office revenue down 9 pct in '05

By Gina Keating1 hour, 25 minutes ago

Worldwide box office revenues fell by 9 percent in 2005 but the industry expects better results this year, Motion Picture Association of America Chief Executive Dan Glickman said on Monday.

A bumper crop of sequels to past blockbusters and animated films hit screens this year in a good sign for ticket sales, Glickman told the ShoWest conference for movie theaters.

Most of the drop in international box office last year came in key markets such as Germany, Japan, Spain, France and Italy. Only four films grossed more than $300 million outside the United States, compared with seven the year before, he said.

Forecasts are for the international box office to grow by 12 percent over the next five years, mainly as a result of markets such as Russia, Brazil, China and Vietnam, he said.

"The simple fact is that the international market is where the action is," Glickman said.

Taking a longer view, he pointed out that last year's box office decline came on the heels of a 24 percent increase in ticket sales the year before, and growth of more than 50 percent in the past decade.

Studios increasingly are debuting movies on the same day around the world not only to combat piracy "but because of a growing recognition that turning a premiere into a worldwide event builds excitement and drives traffic everywhere," he said.

Studios are also looking to use local talent in international markets to build their audiences in foreign countries, Glickman said.

Piracy remains an issue of immediate concern especially in China and Russia, where most good quality pirated copies of films originate and make their way around the world.

The MPAA was concerned about efforts in some European countries to decriminalize the illegal downloading of films.

Glickman called on theater owners to tap local governments for support in enforcing laws against camcording, which he said accounts for 90 percent of illegal copying of new releases.

"For all our efforts to combat it, we have yet to come up with a foolproof solution to the problem," Glickman said.

He announced that MPAA and National Association of Theater Owners launched on Monday a Web site to teach theater employees how to spot camcording pirates.

After his speech Glickman told Reuters that the 2006 box office should be buoyed by "tent pole" films such as "Mission: Impossible III," "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" and the dozen or so animated films such as Pixar Animation Studios Inc's "Cars," which is set to show here on Tuesday.

But of course the decling revenue is due to piracy ;)
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

Shia LaBeouf Arrested in Chicago

Shia LaBeouf was charged with misdemeanor criminal trespassing after the "Transformers" star refused to leave a Chicago drugstore.

A security guard told LaBeouf that he needed to leave the Walgreens store because he appeared to be drunk, police said Sunday.

When LaBeouf, 21, refused to leave, the security guard detained him and called police at about 2:30 a.m., according to police spokeswoman Laura Kubiak.

After he was arrested, police noted that LaBeouf was "very courteous and polite," Kubiak said. Police said he posted bond before 7 a.m., but Kubiak didn't know the amount.

LaBeouf, of Glendale, Calif., is scheduled to appear in Cook County court on Nov. 28.

Police didn't administer a sobriety test because LaBeouf was not driving a vehicle, Kubiak said.

Publicists for LaBeouf didn't immediately return calls for comment.

The actor co-stars with Harrison Ford in "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," due in theaters next year.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

grand theft sparrow

Stefen

I made a Can't Lose reference like three years ago and nobody got it. I ain't digging it up.

Why the fuck was he arrested if he wasn't driving and wasn't being beligerent? If you can't be drunk in a drug store, where can you be drunk?! He's not driving or acting a fool, he was just hanging out in a drug store being drunk. Who hasn't done that? Worst arrest ever. You should be allowed to be drunk anywhere they sell shit that will get you drunk. That's the rule. It's not like it's a drive through drug store. "Gimme some ribbed trojans and a six pack of molson ice please" Fuck outta here with your shoddy arrests Chicago PD!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

matt35mm

I looked it up on the internet and then found the reference.  Half-props?  Quarter-props?  ... prop-crumbs?

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

GodDamnImDaMan

Shia needs to stick his face in a blender. He's worthless.
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Stefen

This still remains one of my favorite threads on the site.  :bravo:

Did we ever find out who that ho, Vodka was?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

GodDamnImDaMan

I was looking back on the entire thread today, and couldn't agree more. Crazy to see how we were attacked by angry Shia La Beouf fans,

and how we overcame,

by having a Stefen ram into Shia's truck almost killing him.
:bravo:

GodDamnImDaMan

modage

it's true!  he MUST be stopped.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Fernando

haha, he would feel like home in that incest controversy thread we (some of you actually) had years ago in idle chatter