Shia LaBeouf must be stopped!

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, June 10, 2003, 05:15:01 PM

MacGuffin

Shia LaBeouf Regrets Spielberg Dig; Slams Studio System: 'They Stick a Finger Up Your A--'
In a no-holds-barred interview wih THR, the Transformers star swears off big-budget studio filmmaking.
Source: THR

This story first appeared in the August 24 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.

Transformers star Shia LaBeouf isn't just walking away from the Hollywood studio system that raised him -- he's bolting. "I'm done," says the 26-year-old actor, who is devoting his career to indie film and soon starts shooting Lars von Trier's Nymphomaniac. "There's no room for being a visionary in the studio system. It literally cannot exist," he says. "You give Terrence Malick a movie like Transformers, and he's f--ed. There's no way for him to exist in that world."

Refreshingly candid and abundantly energetic, LaBeouf was a driving force in getting Lawless made. The indie film opens in the U.S. over Labor Day weekend, just as LaBeouf goes to the Venice Film Festival for the world premiere of The Company You Keep, directed by Robert Redford. Company and LaBeouf's The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman, now in postproduction, were financed by L.A.-based Voltage Pictures. "These dudes are a miracle," he says. "They give you the money, and they trust you -- [unlike the studios, which] give you the money, then get on a plane and come to the set and stick a finger up your ass and chase you around for five months."

LaBeouf's trip to Cannes in May for Lawless was a symbolic turning point, marking his transformation from blockbuster poster boy to indie star. It also was poignant. He'd been to the festival twice before, for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, neither of which went over well. The actor "deeply regrets" his negative comments about Indiana Jones, revealing they ruptured his relationship with Steven Spielberg. "He told me there's a time to be a human being and have an opinion, and there's a time to sell cars," he recalls. "It brought me freedom, but it also killed my spirits because this was a dude I looked up to like a sensei." This time, Cannes was a different experience. Says LaBeouf: "I fought for Lawless. I didn't jump onto anyone else's coattail and ride their wave."

LaBeouf starts shooting Nymphomaniac after Venice. Von Trier intends to release two cuts, one much more sexually explicit. As to why LaBeouf took the job: "Because he's dangerous. He scares me. And I'm only going to work now when I'm terrified." 
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pwaybloe

He seems to forget where he comes from.  Where would he be today (financially and professionally) without the Hollywood system?

However, it is fun to watch someone who is not politically motivated.  That's admirable. 

InTylerWeTrust

:bravo:  Good for him....  Hopefully he can finally showcase some good acting skills.
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

Reel

GodDamnImDaMan

Mostly cited from The Huffington Post article http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/21/shia-labeouf_n_4612654.html

Shia LaBeouf is "not famous anymore," but he was once. Recently, he's been especially not famous for meta-plagiarism, skywriting and head-butting. But if a lot of this recent behavior seems offensive and erratic, maybe you just don't understand performance art.

As commenter Lili once said on Yahoo! Answers: "Being inspired by someone else's idea to produce something new and different IS creative work." Now, in defense of artistic freedom and copying everyone, we present you with this definitive guide to the elaborately creative decline of the man we once fondly knew as Louis Stevens.

June 11, 1986 at 10:43 A.M. (approximate) - A baby is born and his parents name him from the Hebrew "shai Yah," literally meaning "gift of God."

June 11, 1986 at 10:47 A.M. (approximate) - The baby begins acting almost immediately after emerging from the womb.

1999 - 2003 - Young Shia is cast as Louis in "Even Stevens," a show about the misadventures of the Stevens family, which mostly involves Louis poking Christy Carlson Romano (Ren Stevens) and just so happens to include a song about lying performance art.

June 3rd, 2003 - GodDamnDaMan declares war on Shia by creating a thread on xixax. This thread would snowball into a series of incidents that would later cause the downfall of the young actress...

2007 - "Disturbia" director D.J. Caruso looks into Shia's eyes, "[sees] an old soul" who has "the potential to be the next Tom Hanks" and casts him as an angst-ridden young teenager named Kale, whose romantic intuition is mostly limited to smelling hair.

2007 - 2011 - The next Tom Hanks stars in the "Transformers" trilogy and hooks up with Megan Fox, despite her being in a serious relationship with eventual husband Brian Austin Green. Shia later explains the affair to Details: "'I don't know, man. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know ... '" -- repeating the phrase exactly 12 times with various intonations, as if trying to get it just right.

Nov. 4, 2007 - Shia is arrested when he refuses to leave a Walgreens while intoxicated.

July 27, 2008 - After he "kept doing shots of whiskey," Shia finds himself in a major car accident, crushing his hand in the process. He is almost immediately placed under arrest for a DUI, even though he really doesn't think anything was his fault. As he later tells GQ:

"I'm so angry. Because this accident was not caused by me. I got hit. I had a green. This f--ker ran a red light. And he flipped my truck, and he shoveled it on my hand. And my fingers are in the street... they're off, they're under the truck door, man. This is fake, dude," he says, lifting his newly reconstructed hand. "This is hip bone and the skin that was left over..."
Aug. 2011 - Shia trashes essentially all of his previous work except "Even Stevens," telling the Los Angeles Times that his work with Steven Spielberg is "sort of all in the same vein" and that he "doesn't want to be there forever."

Oct. 18, 2011 - While shooting "The Company You Keep," Shia gets into a bar brawl in Vancouver during which he is pummeled by a "shirtless, hairy-bellied" man, as you can watch in TMZ's video of the incident here.

April 20, 2012 - Announcing himself as a comic book artist at the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo, Shia compares comic book art to "singing in the shower."

Dec. 16, 2013 - Shia faces accusations for blatantly plagiarizing Daniel Clowes' 2007 comic book "Justin M. Damiano" in his film "HowardCantour.com."

Dec. 17, 2013 - Shia apologizes by plagiarizing a series of apologies, including the aforementioned random person on Yahoo! Answers.

Jan. 2, 2014 - Shia apologizes by hiring a skywriter in Los Angeles, despite the fact that Clowes resides in the Bay Area.

Jan. 8, 2014 - Shia receives a cease and desist letter from Daniel Clowes' lawyer and responds by tweeting the entire thing and then making it his header photo.

Jan. 10, 2014 - Shia retires from all public life.

Jan. 11, 2014 - Shia spends $25,000 to skywrite "STOP CREATING."

Jan. 13, 2014 - Shia decides he is not famous.

Jan. 17, 2014 - Shia makes himself much more famous, by head-butting a stranger at a South London pub.

Jan. 20, 2014 - Shia decides he's back to being not famous.

Feb. 11, 2014 - Shia puts on an art show where he shows his actual talent...crying.
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Jeremy Blackman

Exclusive video: Shia chased bum for his food before meltdown

http://pagesix.com/2014/06/27/shia-labeouf-released-after-arrest/?_ga=1.112275714.725033364.1403866536

Troublemaking actor Shia LaBeouf chased after a homeless man — demanding he hand over a McDonald's bag in Times Square — a few hours before he went berserk at the Broadway musical "Cabaret," new video footage reveals.

"He really wanted whatever was in that bag. He had so much focus ... If there were French fries in the bag, maybe he really wanted to eat them, " a witness said.

He added, "He was dodging people and yelling, 'Yo, come on!' ... He was on a mission. It was so bizarre."

LaBeouf's fry-tening public food grab was just a prelude to a far weirder meltdown to come.

Within a half-hour, witnesses alleged, the actor was smoking a joint and slapping star Alan Cumming on the bottom from his aisle seat at the Studio 54 theater.

"When the Kit Kat girls came out, Shia was cat-calling — he was vocal,"  a source told The Post.

"During the first act, Alan walks through the house [audience]" as the show's kinky, bisexual emcee, the source said.

"He walked directly past Shia, and Shia slapped Alan on the ass. Alan was in character and was very professional. He knew not to engage, and he carried on walking."

"Shia was being lewd, grunting and yelling in a lascivious way, 'Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaah,'" said another witness. "It was really odd and creepy."

Then, as co-star Michelle Williams sang her first-act solo, "I Don't Care Much," bottles and furniture began crashing.

"He fell out of his chair, and sent a few other chairs crashing to the ground during Michelle's solo," a witness said.

Reel

This kid rules

edit: fast food bags are common for selling drugs in

Fernando

Quote from: GodDamnImDaMan on June 10, 2003, 05:15:01 PM
This ugly! Fro haired Labeouf mother phucker, is one ugly guy! And he needs to stop appear on my television and movie screen.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on June 28, 2014, 04:19:34 PM
Exclusive video: Shia chased bum for his food before meltdown

hey GDIDM, Shia no more needs anyone to stop him, as he is granting your wish all by himself.  :)

seriously, this guy is off the rails, it wouldn't surprise me if he suddenly appears od'd somewhere...

Jeremy Blackman

In case anyone cares, he's apparently in treatment, reluctantly, for alcoholism.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/07/report-shia-labeouf-checked-into-rehab.html

Drenk

He must be stopped. Indeed.

But it's kind of fun to check that live seed after two days. It's still going on.
Oh, and I love how people are going to that theater just to show their faces.
And the light of the screen.

Ascension.

Garam

I'm watching now and I'd say he's about 45 minutes away from pulling a Budd Dwyer.

Gold Trumpet

When Joaquin Phoenix went weird for a while and disappeared, he reemerged as the best working actor. Doubt Shia LaBeouf would have same luck if he ever came back.

Reel

Quote from: Drenk on November 12, 2015, 04:31:01 AM
But it's kind of fun to check that live seed after two days. It's still going on.
Oh, and I love how people are going to that theater just to show their faces.
And the light of the screen.

It's such a brainless, immature, and narcissistic concept for a piece of 'performance art',  but I will admit that I went to the feed and stayed there for a good ten minutes. I liked just being able to see someone watching a screen in that state of suspended animation we're all in at the movies. It's interesting to see how effortlessly your eyes dart around with practically no movement anywhere else in the body. It kind of put into perspective how much of a 'drug' the screen really is, and the hours we'll spend behind one just to get the little hit that real life can't offer us. And I never considered how little you actually look at someone else while they're watching something, how uncomfortable would that be? You occasionally glance over to see if they got the joke or are still paying attention, but it'd be unfathomable to just stare at them like you're doing here. Like most things, I'm not really sure what Shia's intention was with this, but I'll credit him with opening my eyes slightly on how the moviegoing experience looks from the outside. It also doesn't hurt that I'm constantly in search of scenes that take place in a movie theater for research on my own film, and this definitely struck a cord on what it really feels like to be there, especially with how projected light paints the scene. I look forward to someone's compilation of the best parts in this, ( ten minutes or less, please! )