Tina Fey -- I love you

Started by SoNowThen, June 10, 2003, 10:25:33 AM

pete

Quote from: modage on July 22, 2006, 09:07:15 PM
the sad part is, this new show will likely be cancelled during the first season.  I will never get to have sex with her.  oh well someobdy kill me now. 
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

modage

i hope thats coming from you.  thanks!  :yabbse-grin:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Tina Fey's husband talks about her facial scar

Tina Fey's husband is talking about something the "30 Rock" actress would rather not discuss: the scar on her left cheek.

In an interview in Vanity Fair, Jeff Richmond says a stranger slashed Fey's face when she was 5 years old. He says the incident occurred in the front yard of her house.

Says Richmond: "That scar was fascinating to me. This is somebody who, no matter what it was, has gone through something. And I think it really informs the way she thinks about her life."

Says Fey: "It's really almost like I'm able to forget about it, until I was on-camera, and it became a thing of `Oh, I guess we should use this side' or whatever. Everybody's got a better side."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

What a dickhead thing for her husband to do. She should divorce him.

I would NEVER do anything she didn't want me to. Never, eva, eva.  :inlove:

EDIT: WTF? I just googled Tina Fey's husband and WTF?

How the fuck is that loser putting his penis into her vagina? He must be hung like a horse because he's about as tall as a goat.

I don't even think it's like he has a good personality since he's talking shit about the wife he's lucky to even have.

It's a fucking travesty.

I'm submitting this shit to hotchickswithdouchebags.com
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Tina Fey and her husband on the red carpet:

My house, my rules, my coffee

squints

this is the first time in a while that i have laughed out loud at something on this board. Thank you polka, god bless you.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Sony lands Meryl Streep-Tina Fey comedy
THR EXCLUSIVE: Stanley Tucci directing pic

Sony has picked up "Mommy & Me," the comedy package featuring Meryl Streep and Tina Fey as a mother-and-daughter duo to be directed by Stanley Tucci.

CAA circulated the project around town earlier in July and signs pointed to Sony, which made last year's Streep comedy "Julie & Julia," as a strong contender.

Storylines are under wraps, although it spotlights the thorny and funny sides of mother-daughter relationships.

Joby Harold wrote the treatment that went with the package and is exec producing with Tucci, Steve Buscemi and Joshua Astrachan.

Wren Arthur, Lucy Barzun Donnelly and Tory Tunnell are producing.

Streep and Tucci have worked together on-screen in "Devil Wears Prada" and "Julie & Julia." It's unclear at this time if Tucci would appear in the movie or just stick to directing.

Fey, repped by WME and 3 Arts Entertainment, is slowly building her film resume, working on features during her time in between seasons of "30 Rock." "Date Night," the spring action comedy which also starred Steve Carell, has grossed just over $98 million domestically.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Tina Fey really loves to be in shitty movies.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ono

Bossypants is great.  Best $13.97 I've spent in a while.  So many laugh-out-loud moments, and I'm only a third of the way through.  Reminds me why I love her.  Sometimes she lays it on thick with the chick-specific humor, and the "woe is me, I'm so ugly" schtick.  But it's like with Conan.  We love them for their deprecation and see through it.  Some of it is formulaic, but it's really polished.  Damn, she can write, and write FUNNY, like no one else.  The chapter on her dad is great, as is the whole cruise story.

Reel

I'm still getting over how she married dorf  :doh: but cool, that sounds like a good read.

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

Stefen

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

ono

It's funny 'cause in her book near the end, she talks about wrestling with whether or not to have that second kid (her only child being lonely/many children being a status symbol thing/how it would impact the 200-odd staffers of 30 Rock -- which will probably end in 2012).  As for Dorf, well, I too first was initially shocked to see how plain her husband is.  Either she really doesn't realize how much of a catch she is, or he's got the most amazing cock personality.  Tina makes a passing reference to the incident of the slashing in the book, but it's nothing too concrete.  I finished the book over the weekend and greatly enjoyed it all the way through.  A bit too short, and I kind of wish she'd've gone into more detail about behind the scenes things at SNL.  She did have a couple good tales I hadn't heard before, though.