Tina Fey -- I love you

Started by SoNowThen, June 10, 2003, 10:25:33 AM

Sleuth

that was from one of her first shots at WU....
I like to hug dogs

picolas

Quote from: ©bradjust so i can join in on the convo, she was voted people's 50 most beautiful ppl.

wow. i didn know she was also 50 people. that's great.

Ravi

Yeah, they never used to pull out characters like Opera Man or the "gimme some candy guy"

I don't like the GSC guy, but the Opera Man bit was about topical stuff.  It wasn't just a random character like Drunk Girl or Gay Hitler of what-have-you.

-I used to find Norm funny... really, but he had some serious timing issues.

Nah, not to me.  But YMMV.  But I think we can agree that Kevin Nealon stunk on WU.

-why does everyone complain about Fallon breaking character?  It's SNL... what the fuck?

I don't have a problem with breaking character when something's absolutely fantastically hilarious, but Fallon seems to do it at the drop of a hat.

Quote-Tracy Morgan is sorely misunderstood by many... that guy is funny as shit.

They should give him some better roles instead of Crazy Black Dude.  Morgan is funny.

As for Mad TV, they had some very talented people like Will Sasso and Alex Borstein.  They're gone now, but the rest of the cast is good too.  And I like that it is taped.  Live isn't somehow funnier than taped.

Pas

Quote from: picolas.
Quote from: ©bradjust so i can join in on the convo, she was voted people's 50 most beautiful ppl.

wow. i didn know she was also 50 people. that's great.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Seriously though, I like her writing a lot. That Christopher Walken was almost half written by her and it was GREAT ! The prank show with Seth Myers and Walken, hysterical.

The up and comers are great, Will Forte (I repeat myself) and Myers are definietly superior to any Fallon, Sandler or any teen idol that came out of this show. Will Ferrell was good, he saved his latest movie Old School.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

you see i think seth meyers should be kicked in the nuts, what am i not seeing here

Sleuth

The prank sketch was something like 100% predictable.  The least funny Walken hosted episode so far
I like to hug dogs

Pas

Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackManyou see i think seth meyers should be kicked in the nuts, what am i not seeing here

I can understand you think he's not funny.

Quote from: tremoloslothThe prank sketch was something like 100% predictable.  The least funny Walken hosted episode so far

Oh, I saw it coming all along too...easy, yet funny. Anyway, what's more subjective than humor ?

Quote from: Booth
Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackManyou see i think seth meyers should be kicked in the nuts, what am i not seeing here

I can understand you think he's not funny.

?

your right because he's not, not at all never was never will be

Quote from: Booth
Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackMan

Oh, I saw it coming all along too...easy, yet funny. Anyway, what's more subjective than humor ?

i hate when people say that,Admin note, from this point forward, the thread gets ridiculous, all who are involved regret it and it has been decided that many of these posts should and shall be deleted.

RegularKarate

Yeah, that prank sketch got old fast.
As Krusty discovered, when SNL skits are bad, they last for hours.

and not to bring up old subjects Mr. "has to have the last word before calling a moratorium on a topic", but there's a fine line between pop culture references and "name dropping".

There, that's it, this conversation is over, there will be no more mention of this (just you watch)

Quote from: RegularKarateYeah, that prank sketch got old fast.
As Krusty discovered, when SNL skits are bad, they last for hours.

and not to bring up old subjects Mr. "has to have the last word before calling a moratorium on a topic", but there's a fine line between pop culture references and "name dropping".

There, that's it, this conversation is over, there will be no more mention of this (just you watch)

i know what you mean , and i have done that quite a bit i mix and match odd pop culture references and use them in weird ways

but her going on stage and saying her haircut looks like amelie ?? is that not pandering, and how is that funny

now this is funny " if art garfunkle puts gel in his hair he looks like A member of new edition circa 1987"

SoNowThen

Pranksters was hilarious... because Walken was being Walken, and he's funny as hell. Of course you saw it coming, yet it was so fucking funny because seeing Christopher Walken beat a man to death over a parking spot is funny. And then when he says "Greg, you're being a bit of a Stifly McStifferson... you know what I like to do to Stify McStifferson's... I like to prank them in my basement.... for hours". Fucking classic. And if Tina also helped write that, more reason for me to love her.

Now we just need to find a way to give her husband cancer. Then.... I get a plane ticket to NY...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Quote from: SoNowThen

Now we just need to find a way to give her husband cancer. Then.... I get a plane ticket to NY...

with each post i grow closer to you , you sir are great

SoNowThen

The feeling is very much reciprocated.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

The feeling is very much reciprocated.

thank you   :: pulls out big book of weird causes of cancer:: singing abracadabra by steve miller in spanish, wow who knew that caused cancer , to think of all the great puerto rican lounge singers we lost in the earlly 80's :: pours out some of his 40 for fallen and long forgotten latin lounge  singers ::