Inglourious Basterds [sic]

Started by brockly, May 20, 2003, 06:05:39 AM

cine

Quote from: Find Your MagaliAnd there needs to be a singing Hitler, too...

Heil myself
Heil to me
I'm the kraut
Who's out to change our history
Heil myself
Raise your hand
There's no greater
Dictator in the land!

modage

Madsen on Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards
Source: Film Focus March 23, 2005

Film Focus talked to Michael Madsen who will star in Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards, about a platoon of World War II soldiers trapped behind enemy lines. He says that Tarantino might split the movie up into several parts like he did for the two "Kill Bill" films.

"He's got an interesting idea of how to make it. I think he's going to cut it up into a couple of different parts, 'cos it's a big story to tell and he doesn't want to cram it all into one show. I don't know the whole story of how he's going to do it but eventually we'll get there, you know," said Madsen.

Tarantino earlier this month commented on the movie as well. "My next film is probably going to be Inglorious Bastards, yeah. I've written scenes. I've written a lot of it but now I have to sit down and start putting it together in a script that I can start shooting. And that's a different thing," he said.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

UncleJoey

Quote from: Michael MadsenI think he's going to cut it up into a couple of different parts, 'cos it's a big story to tell and he doesn't want to cram it all into one show.

"and that way everyone has to buy two movie tickets and two DVD's"
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

MacGuffin

A Band Apart Production with Sly and Arnie?
Source: Moviehole.net

According to MTV, Quentin Tarantino announced in England this week - where he was attending the Empire Awards - that he's keen to team-up veteran action heroes Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger. The film? His long-planned WWII epic "Inglorious Bastards".

Obviously Tarantino thinks he'll be able to do for Sly and Arnie's acting careers - especially the formers - what he did for John Travolta, Robert Forster and Bo Svenson's.

Tarantino has long-planned to have Adam Sandler involved in the film too, and that doesn't seem to have changed. He believes the funnyman would be right-at-home in a pair of army boots and bullet belt.

"I've written scenes. I've written a lot of it, but now I have to sit down and start putting it together in a script that I can start shooting", says the banana-chinned film whiz.

Interestingly, Sly and Arnie have been looking for a project to work on together for years, coming close to teaming in 1999 for an unspecified picture. 2006, and nearing the latter end of their careers, it might just happen.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

the man should really lay off the extacy. i'm not kidding.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Pubrick

Quote from: GingerBanana-chinned?

it's more in the profile.
under the paving stones.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

MacGuffin

Tarantino still wants Arnie, Sly and Bruce  

TheArnoldFans.com report, that QT still wants Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis and Sylvester Stallone for Inglorious Bastards. He also expresses his strong will to push this into production in order to have it released 2006. While the site cites no source or mention where or when QT said this, here are the quotes:

"I've said it once and I am going to say it again. I want Bruce, Sly and Arnold for my World War II epic. I have always dream of having these 3 superstars together in a movie. Initially Inglorious Bastards was suppose to be in production way back in 1998 with these casts but I shifted my attention on my other projects such as Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction and Sin City. And right now I think it's the best time to have them. I am very well free right now to focus on this big project that I have had in mind for quite a number of years. I am very well getting this into production this year for a 2006 release. Yes he [Arnie] is Governor and he has his movie coming up by 2006 called The Kid and I... so I hope he can make it for my movie too. We'll see. Maybe during the holidays. We'll shoot the movie quickly. It's possible."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

i have no idea if thats true, but there were years that i dreamt of a movie combining these guys.  seriously, during my youth when all i could do was wait till the next movie from one of these guys came out, it was a dream to think that oneday they would be in a movie together.  the closest thing i had was Tango & Cash with Sly and Kurt Russell, which was sweet as hell.  also: i just watched The Dirty Dozen for the first time last night, it was badass.  i hope this banana chinned film whiz can make it happen.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gold Trumpet

I almost feel Willis is being demoted by being lumped into this group. An action star, sure, but he's had much more versatality to his career than Arnie and Sly. Their careers were made and broken on action films. I actually think Willis is an excellent actor and he is still a major star.

MacGuffin

BBC's Talking Movies talked to JOHN TRAVOLTA and he confirmed that he has indeed heard from Quentin Tarantino about Inglorious Bastards. "I'm intrigued...we have talked....he's got some wild ideas", Travolta said. "If it's this, or something else, I'd love to work with Quentin again".

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gabe

I'm just curious what other people imagine when they think of this movie, like how it will look visually. Every time I hear the name, I imagine it in the same format as that Band Of Brothers tin Case.
When I picture a visual, I think of Sylester Stallone, in some wet, muddy trench, looking at someone off camera and about to say some War Dialogue. I imagine this film being very Dark, wet and Gray, that doesn't seem Tarantino to me. Does anyone else have any stylized vision for this film before we all actually see it and can look back and laugh at our predictions?

the guns of the navarone

or some obscure blaxplotaiton japanese wwii films.
context, context, context.