DIRECTOR/CINEMATOGRAPHER TEAMS

Started by godardian, May 17, 2003, 10:46:56 PM

godardian

Quote from: SHAFTR

Note:  Vilmos Zsigmond is the cinematographer for Kevin Smith's Jersey Girl.

Wow. That is by far the most compelling reason I've yet heard to even conside seeing it...

Zsigmond also worked on Brian De Palma's Blow Out and Bonfire of the Vanities, and features prominently in Julie Salomon's book, The Devil's Candy, where it is revealed he truly dislikes Melanie Griffith as a person and an actress.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Mesh

How has no one mentioned Welles/Toland yet?  Not a team, really, but a fateful pairing, no question about it.

Citizen Kane, people.  Changed cinematic photography forever, and in one masterstroke.

Quality over quantity, here.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

ever notice that tim burton always uses differnt D.P'S

I Heard a rumor about him being cruel to one of his d.p's

does anyone know more about this subject ?