Scarface

Started by SoNowThen, May 17, 2003, 12:35:45 PM

freakerdude

Man, I think the vid transfer was much better than I expected. Just with my std. DVD player (not progressive scan) and my widescreen, it looks great.

But like I bitched before, the Dolby Digital surround fucking SUCKS! Even the voice audio totally blows.
MC Pee Pants

MacGuffin

Scarface Mini-Series Confirmed at USA Network
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Scarface is being reinvented at USA Network, which is developing an updated version that restages the gangster classic with a black cast in inner-city Los Angeles during the crack epidemic of the 1980s.

The four-hour miniseries could be in production as early as the fall in time for a 2005 debut, said Charles "Chic" Eglee, a consulting producer on FX's The Shield, who is attached to write and executive produce the project.

USA's Universal Studios parent holds rights to the characters and the "Scarface" name, which the miniseries would likely retain. A director and cast have yet to be named.

Eglee will create a new cast loosely based on most of the primary characters instead of literally revisiting them. By reimagining the story on the crime-ridden streets of Los Angeles' inner city, Eglee also will be giving the young, urban fan base of the 1983 version a Scarface of its own.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinScarface is being reinvented at USA Network, which is developing an updated version that restages the gangster classic with a black cast in inner-city Los Angeles during the crack epidemic of the 1980s.
a new scarface aimed at black people?!?!  what marketing whiz thought of that?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SoNowThen

Will the theme song be the Moroder score?

(please note, sarcasm above)
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

MacGuffin

SCARFACE goes plastic
Action figures to be made from 1983 crime movie
Source: Cinescape

Mezco Toys has announced that it will release a line of action figures based on Brian De Palma's 1983 movie SCARFACE which starred Al Pacino as the cheeky Cuban crime lord. Mezco's license from Universal Studios allows the toy company to make SCARFACE statues and cold cast busts as well as articulated action figures. The first series of SCARFACE products will be 10-inch scale roto-cast figures, and will include multiple versions of Tony Montana from various points in the movie.

Mezco's SCARFACE figs will ship to stores in the fall of 2004.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

This has got to be the best idea ever!

MacGuffin

'Scarface' gets into video game racket

Tony Montana is back in dirty business. The Al Pacino remake of "Scarface" is being made into a console video game, publisher Vivendi Universal Games announced Tuesday. The third-person shooter, developed by Radical Games, is scheduled to ship in fall 2005. Screenwriter David McKenna ("Get Carter," "S.W.A.T.") is contributing "an original event-driven storyline." "The treacherous world of Scarface is a natural property to translate into a cinematic gameplay experience," said Michael Pole, executive vp Worldwide Studios for VU Games. "The game will feature cutting-edge technology, a compelling storyline and the unprecedented experience of playing as one of Hollywood's most notorious gangsters, Tony Montana."

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Scarface video game?

Didn't Vice City come out last year?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobScarface video game?

Didn't Vice City come out last year?

There wasn't enough coke in GTA: Vice City.

Carlito's Way was better.

MacGuffin

Pacino Brings Back SCARFACE
Al Pacino has signed to voice the legendary character in a video game adaptation of the film.

Vivendi Universal Games has lined up an all-star voice cast that includes Al Pacino for the upcoming adaptation of Scarface, Scarface: The World Is Yours. Original Scarface cast members Steven Bauer and Robert Loggia (who played Manny Ray and Frank Lopez, respectively), comedians Jay Mohr and Cheech Marin and actors James Woods, Miguel Sandoval, Robert Davi, Michael Rappaport and Michael York are also on board.

Set for release this fall, the game will allow players to be the one and only Tony Montana, forced to carve out his drug empire for the second time. The game will be shown publicly for the first time at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles on May 18.

The Scarface video game immerses players in a "what if Tony survives" storyline that begins with the explosive shootout at the end of the film. Gamers will travel through the steamy, often violent streets of Miami, the eerie islands of the various Caribbean locales and will interact with a world full of seedy and dangerous characters to procure information, negotiate business deals, smuggle contraband and avoid rivals and DEA on a mission to rebuild their fallen empire. Scarface is currently in development by veteran video game developer Radical Games for the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox video game system from Microsoft and PC.

Skeleton FilmWorks

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Kal

Say hello to my little friend

graphics are good!!

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Yeah... isn't this just Vice City again?

I mean, I know VC was based on Scarface, but therefore, it should be too late to produce a worthwhile game on the same movie, considering the fame and success of GTA:VC.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ravi

There's a certain group of people who will buy t-shirts, posters, pajamas, whatever, that has Scarface on it.

modage

they're called "rappers" and they usually have millions of dollars to spend.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.