Author Topic: Pete's Dragon  (Read 14047 times)

Ghostboy

• Admin
  • Respect: +376
    • http://www.road-dog-productions.com/
Re: Pete's Dragon
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2017, 09:43:57 PM »
+9
That hospital escape was my favorite day of production! So much fun. I think it shows.

I posted this rehearsal video on my blog a while back. We shot this when we first scouted the location.

http://www.road-dog-productions.com/weblog/2016/11/toby_tours_tapa.html

And also, there is one repeated line of dialogue in the movie that is a huge accidental nod to the Master. I didn't think about it when we wrote it but definitely realized it once we were editing it upon rewatching the movie. Must have been subconscious theft!

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
  • Respect: +1720
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2017, 12:06:19 AM »
I take it that's referring to "You're the bravest boy I've ever met." I just assumed that was an intentional allusion.
Now you're in the *spoiler* place.

matt35mm

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Bony old behind.
  • Respect: +448
    • My Films on Vimeo
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2017, 01:32:50 AM »
+1
And also, there is one repeated line of dialogue in the movie that is a huge accidental nod to the Master. I didn't think about it when we wrote it but definitely realized it once we were editing it upon rewatching the movie. Must have been subconscious theft!

I think it's pretty clear that Grace and Pete are really Master and Freddie meeting again in the next life.

Just Withnail

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +435
    • Truls Krane Meby's website
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2017, 06:11:03 AM »
The connections grow...

Quote from: Lancaster Dodd
Marriage, previous to The Cause, was *awful*. Awful. There's a cycle, like life. Birth, excitement, growth, decay. Death. Now... now. How about this? Here comes, a large dragon. Teeth! Blood dripping! Red eyes! What do I got? A lasso. And I whip it up, I wrap it around its neck, and I wrestle! Wrestle! Wrestle him to the ground. I snap up, I say "Sit, dragon!" Dragon sits. I say "Stay!", dragon stays. Now it's got a leash on. Take it for a walk. And that's what-where we're at with it now. It stays on command. Next we're gonna teach it to roll over and play dead.
My short WORLD WIDE WOVEN BODIES is now online:

Watch it here!

Reelist

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Respect: +957
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2017, 03:13:34 PM »
+1
Now streaming on Netflix

Woot!

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy